Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A game changer in room presence detection is almost here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I have not done is figured out how to get this to be seen by mcsMQTT and have a device(s) created in HS4.
    Assuming zigbee2mqtt and mcsMQTT are using the same MQTT broker then the properties of the device will be visible on mcsMQTT MQTT Page, Association Tab. The filter checkboxes at the top of the page should include Received MQTT Topics. . The T1 filter can be used to select zigbee2mqtt to reduce the number of items in the table. If zigbee2mqtt does not appear for T1 then use the Rebuild Filters button just above the T4 label. If it still does not show up then mcsMQTT is not connecting to the MQTT Broker. Once a property is visible then use the "a" checkbox to create the HS Device Feature that is associated with the property.

Comment

Michael McSharry, I am having Zigbee2MQTT publish to the same (and only) MQTT broker I have for everything. I am even able to see the new topic on that broker via an app I use called MQTT Explorer. It publishes under the topic path "zigbee2mqtt/Aqara_P1_Kitchen_1". I still however cannot see the device in the filters for mcsMQTT T1..T4 even after a rebuild filters. I then try adding the topic manually...

Here is a video showing step by step what I do. As you can see mcsMQTT does see the topic when I manually add it and it does create a device, but the JSON payload has things like Battery level, Lux, Occupancy, etc that do not show up in HS4.

---------------------------------------------------
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

This discussion is becoming mcsMQTT-specific so I forked a thread at Aqara FP1 Presense Sensor Integration with zigbee2mqtt - HomeSeer Message Board to continue this aspect of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
          Here is the place to update fw s of some device

http://IP:PORT/#/ota
          I know this sounds stupid... IP is the address of the PC running Deconz. But I cannot find a port for Deconz ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

I know this sounds stupid... IP is the address of the PC running Deconz. But I cannot find a port for Deconz ?
            Hi Mike,

this is for web front web zogbee2mqtt.

The one for deconz would be yourIP:_port_
            I think you can decide of the port and ip that phoscom web app will use… in the service.d file(linux)
            if on linux that line may help with you system daemon file, if you have something else on port 80 you might need to change the port like this

Code:
            ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ --http-port=8090 --ws-port=8090 --auto-connect=1 --dbg-error=1

Not sure about windows

Comment

Hi Mike,

this is for web front web zogbee2mqtt.

The one for deconz would be yourIP:_port_
              I think you can decide of the port and ip that phoscom web app will use… in the service.d file(linux)
              if on linux that line may help with you system daemon file, if you have something else on port 80 you might need to change the port like this

Code:
              ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ --http-port=8090 --ws-port=8090 --auto-connect=1 --dbg-error=1

Not sure about windows
              My Deconz is working fine at the moment (running on Win11), if I change the port with the code as you suggested, will I run into other problems like not communicating with HS4 etc ? I only have 2 devices on Deconz, one of them the FP1 and a switch. Still experimenting and trying to understand Deconz (and not enjoying the experience so far) ...

Comment

You can’t run this command on windows . i would ask @w.vuyk for support about this since I have never used deconZ on windows .

Comment

Just got two of these since they are now supported by zigbee2mqtt. Will have them in a month or so.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/T...ce_sensor.html
                  They seems to works great. A little bigger than I thought (100mmx100mm) . Unlike the aqara one, presence is detected right away. Also , non-presence can 1 minute to be detected.

I was able to hide it in a black bookshelf . For 40$ Canadian this is a steal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

They seems to works great. A little bigger than I thought (100mmx100mm) . Unlike the aqara one, presence is detected right away. Also , non-presence can 1 minute to be detected.

I was able to hide it in a black bookshelf . For 40$ Canadian this is a steal.
                    Do you have both the FP1 and this Tuya Presence Sensor? How is the Tuya Presence Sensor powered? Are the detection ranges the same?
                    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post

Do you have both the FP1 and this Tuya Presence Sensor? How is the Tuya Presence Sensor powered? Are the detection ranges the same?
                      Yea I have both. The tuya is powered by an iphone usb plug. I can’t say about the range , but on the site it is written 3 meters for the tuya , and 5 for the fp1.

Comment

You can’t run this command on windows . i would ask @w.vuyk for support about this since I have never used deconZ on windows .
                        For permanent change in Windows you need to change the Config.ini
                        Windows it is in $user%\AppData\Local\dresden-elektronik\deCONZ\.
                        i.e. C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\dresden-elektronik\deCONZ

[http]
                        appcache=true
                        port=8080

[remote]
                        default\ip=127.0.0.1
                        default\port=8080

Comment

Working...
                        X