Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A game changer in room presence detection is almost here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A game changer in room presence detection is almost here...

NO need for smartphones... or tags... or cameras. The only problem now is actually getting your hands on one. WAF will increase dramatically .

This New Sensor Is A GAME CHANGER For Your Smart Home! - YouTube

Let's hope it makes it to market as this would be a very popular item.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have been using this sensor technology for a few years and agree it has advantages over PIR. There are a few different ones described in the mcsMQTT user manual.

it looks like Aqara has also integrated a processor to analyze delta motion direction and position. This means it should be possible to sense entering vs. leaving. Note that this frequency penetrates walls so room boundaries may not be easy to isolate. The sensor is 360 degree FOV, but Aqara has blocked more than 50%. Likely so it can better support direction of motion analysis.

Zigbee is a fine interface technology, but the sensor draws too much current to be run on batteries. The need for power wiring could make desired placement a challenge vs the Hawkeye.

Zigbee2mqtt does have this device implemented so when it becomes available in USA it will have an interface to HS with mcsMQTT.

What it needs is a Cam with object recognition logic so it can not only detect presence, but what is present.

Comment

I had one delivered to my house yesterday... It seems deCONZ also has a basic support for it already. Will test later this week how much support that is.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          I had one delivered to my house yesterday... It seems deCONZ also has a basic support for it already. Will test later this week how much support that is.
          Where were you able to find it?
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I have just added the sensor to deCONZ. It detects presence perfectly. I have tested it by placing it 5 meters away from me, me sitting with my back to the device and managed to sit very still, reading a book, lying on the table. I had a normal motion sensor next to it. The motion sensor moved to nomotion pretty soo as expected. The Aqara FP1 did not come out of motion, it was stuck to motion all the time I sat there. After 15 minutes I stood up and moved out of sight for the sensor. It then took 20 seconds and the device reported nomotion.

Another test I did, one that certainly will gain WAF, was done in the bathroom. I showered for 10 minutes, curtain closed. In the normal situation the standard motion sensor would no longer see motion With the Aqara sensor it still sees the presence and it kept reporting the presence, until I was ready and out of the bathroom.

It will not replace all my sensors, because of the price, but I certainly have need for two more, with the bathroom as highest priority

I am sure more updating is needed for deCONZ, as the reporting of direction and distance are still to be added. But they are working on it as we speak. I am sure this will be one of my favorites soon, even despite the power wiring needed.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

Where were you able to find it?
              wpiman It is on and off on aliexpress. So far the batches sold to outside china are very small and sell out really quick. I had to check for the device three days long on different moments before I found a batch of devices. Do not wait if you see it, I notified a friend of mine of the batch and he was already late, batch was already sold out. But it has a price for sure, I paid €75, which is high for china.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk Could you provide a link. I entered Aqara motion sensor and got the regular ones.

Comment

I cannot find them either, not even on the aqara home page. Sound very interesting though

Comment

I wonder if it would work outside? The fact that it can detect direction of motion suggests vehicle coming or going detection but not sure if an outdoor environment is compatible with this technology.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Another test I did, one that certainly will gain WAF, was done in the bathroom. I showered for 10 minutes, curtain closed. In the normal situation the standard motion sensor would no longer see motion With the Aqara sensor it still sees the presence and it kept reporting the presence, until I was ready and out of the bathroom.
                      THIS.... the holy grail... says the guy with a young adult male son who takes long showers. I must have this sensor!

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

THIS.... the holy grail... says the guy with a young adult male son who takes long showers. I must have this sensor!
                        Now, if somebody would market an electrified Z-Wave or Zigbee refrigerator handle so they wouldn't hold the door open and gaze, mesmerized, into the refrigerator like it was a TV.
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Would be nice if they create an in-ceiling version. This would not pass the WAF.

---
                          John

Comment

How much did these cost for you guys that were in the lottery?
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wim indicated ...
                              But it has a price for sure, I paid €75

Comment

Working...
                              X