Multi PC's 1 speaker set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi PC's 1 speaker set

I know this isn't exactly an HS question, but I figure if anyone has a solution, this group would.

I want to take multiple PC's and hook them to one set of PC speakers. I was using standard splitters, but I am getting terrible signal loss (4 PC's).

Does anyone know of a good way to do this? I thought there would be some sort of bi-directional mini-plug amp, but I can't seem to find one.

Thanks

Does it have to be a hardware solution? There are a couple of ways to send speech to a remote pc and one of them is rspeak available here:

http://home.btclick.com/d-trak/ha/downloads.html
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do this by connecting the line-out of PC1 to the aux-in of PC2 and use PC2's speakers. This could be continued for as many PCs as desired.

Comment

Rupp,

The send speach won't work, because this is also for a gaming machine, music, etc.

Mike,
        Interesting solution, I'm not sure if all of my Pc's have an aux. How does this work if one of the PC's goes into hybernation?

Comment

I dont let my PC's sleep, but I suspect the power to the audio should be removed when the PC is in hybernation and the mixing circuitry uses active components that need power. CD in rather than aux in can be used.

Comment

Working...
          X