Homeseer/Nortek/GoControl/Linear Z-Wave Lightbulb STRANGENESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer/Nortek/GoControl/Linear Z-Wave Lightbulb STRANGENESS

We have 13 of these z-wave lightbulbs in our house in lamps and closets. Normally they just work. Today at 4:20AM, ALL of them turned on and then went offline. They cannot be controlled. Their status is UNKNOWN and they cannot communicate with the z-wave controller. All of them had the latest firmware and set to stay off after a power outage. Anyone else have this happen before? They are now functioning as a regular lightbulb. I have not yet tried to re-install them as they are integrated into so many events. Hoping someone has dealt with this and has a fix.

Well THAT was a PITA. 11 of 13 had no node number shown under Z-Wave Management so I could not Remove and replace them. Had to just delete and add them. Than also meant that all events had to be fixed and saved. Nearly three hours of my life I won't get back. Still have no idea why all of them decided to turn on and go offline at 4:20AM this morning. No signs of a power outage or glitch. USUALLY, my TVs and my OLD LIFX bulbs will come on if there has been an outage or surge. Only these bulbs came on..... Weird.

Comment

Nearly three hours of my life I won't get back
      You got away easy! Just kidding of course, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I had a number of "lost" nodes and attributed to HS shutdown and re-start due to an electrical issue I had in the house. My neutral from the pole to the house had corroded connectors and voltages would increase and decrease dramatically. Some of these would cause power spikes that would suddenly shutdown the PC.

Also, you couldn't resort to a recent backup?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        Also, you couldn't resort to a recent backup?
        Hmm. Only 18 days ago and I can't remember why that didn't or would not have worked..... SURELY that crossed my mind and I tried it. Surely......

Comment

Working...
        X