Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one make this specific action only activate once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one make this specific action only activate once?

My event is:

IF pool_pump OFF for 8 hours
    THEN SEND text_message("Power failure has turned off pump")

The problem I'm having is that a new text message (via me sending an email to SMS gateway) is being sent to me continuously until the pump is turned back on. I only want one notification. I did mark in advanced options for it to not re-run event for 12 hours, but I'm sure there has to be a more legit way of doing this.

I would use a Timer...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Set a timer to start when the pump turns off, and that stops and resets when the pump is on. When it reaches 8hrs, reset and send push - easier with a virtual device for the pump indication

Comment

Thank you both of you! I always wondered what the practical use of a timer was.

Comment

Originally posted by McGarrett View Post
          Set a timer to start when the pump turns off, and that stops and resets when the pump is on. When it reaches 8hrs, reset and send push - easier with a virtual device for the pump indication
          you can also use the same type of approach with enable/disable event:

disable the the event after the pump turns off / push is sent and re-enable event when the pump is back on.

Comment

Greetings All,

An easier approach might be to create an Event like so...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Bitmap Image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1546080

Hope this helps,

Roger D

Comment

I have a virtual device that I turn on when I send an alert message like this. When the condition is resolved (pump is turned on) the device is turned off again.
              The alert message is sent only if the virtual device is off.
              I also routinely limit alert messages to not rerun for x minutes, where x is an appropriate length of time for the alert.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have things like this both ways. As far as I know the do not re-run for X time works perfectly. Or at least used to.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post

you can also use the same type of approach with enable/disable event:

disable the the event after the pump turns off / push is sent and re-enable event when the pump is back on.
                  This is the approach I've taken for several situations like this.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                  X