Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What registry key(s) are the HS plugin licenses store in so I can back them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What registry key(s) are the HS plugin licenses store in so I can back them up.

HST pointed out in this months new letter that we should be storing our registration codes in a safe place and even writing them down on a piece of paper. Knowing that I and many others are not doing this should prompt us users to ask "What registry keys can we back up to save all of our HS plugin licenses". This would be an excellent addition to our HS backup programs. I could easily add this to the BackeRupp VB app if I knew the registry keys.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I'm not at my HS machine.

Look up your S/N under the help section of HomeSeer and type that in as a 'value' search in REGEDIT32

Look up HSP also, I remember them in a different spot.

Cheers, Bill

~Bill

Comment

Edited by HS for security reasons.
      Last edited by rjh; January 23, 2005, 05:06 PM.

~Bill

Comment

I'm sorry, that is the HS stuff.

Isn't the plug-in codes in settings.ini?

~Bill

Comment

They are currently in \Config\Settings.ini [Registration]. No guarantee they will be there with future HS versions. I have mine saved via hardcopy along with pins, logins, account numbers, password templates etc and the hardcopy scanned into paperport document managment and this then gets burned to CD periodically.

Comment

Hum.... A user stated this morning that they restored their entire HS folder that they back up nightly and their registration information was gone? So all plugin registration is in the settings.ini file?

Comment

Hey Rupp

[Registration]
              reg_mcsTemperature=texxx0:842xxxxxx077
              reg_ROC Outlook Interface=roxx20:146xxxxxx08
              reg_WAF-NetCallerID=waxx:1883xxxxx09
              reg_ROC-Rnd=raxx8:0430Axxxx05

I have saved my Windows reg key for HS and HSP, that way all I have to do is click on them and they are ready for HS to run.

All my plugin numbers are in my settings.ini file as above.

~Bill

Comment

Go to the HS "Help" menu and select "About". There you will find your registration information and can make note of it.

Comment

Working...
                X