BL-C10A Network Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BL-C10A Network Camera

Has any one played with the Panasonic BL-C10A?? I just bought one this weekend and have been toying with it a bit. I want to try and use it with my homeseer system. It comes with its own webserver builtin and has memory onboard to store the image file it takes when it detects motion. I need to see if I have do direct calls to the camera to pull just the streaming vedio from it via the built-in nic.

Rich

This camera works great... Users are able to control the pan & tilt functions as well... If you check it out don't mind the mess... I have HAI stuff everywhere...

Comment

link to camera specs and price? also I can't get your network camera link to pull up correctly.
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin
        link to camera specs and price?
        http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...316&hl=bl-c10a

Comment

The local Radio Shack has one left, so holding it for me tonight so I can check it out. My coworker sent me this one:
          http://www.kingofgadgets.com/Products/nc1000l10.html

Not a pan/tilt/zoom, but could be added on later as well as night support; $94 for wired, and $149 for Wireless. Looks like the Dlink PoE adapter will work with them possibly.

-Mike

Comment

I'm not sure why the Camera Web Page is not coming up. It was working before I left for work. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am only running on a 350MHZ PC with 256 RAM... HAHAH I sure am looking forward to my upgraded HomeSeer Box... I told the Wife it is a haveto with HomeSeer 2.0 coming out...

Comment

Picked up the camera from Radio Shack, and was a breeze to set up. Within about 5mins of plugging it in, I was up and running gathering images. It supports Panasonic's free Dynamic DNS service for posting to the web. Video quality is not that bad at all (I work for an access control company and play with this kind of stuff all the time.) Privacy mode physically moves the camera lens up rather than just ignoring the image. Response time seems pretty good at 640x480 over the local lan, haven't tried over the web yet. The UPnP works as advertised and let my firewall autoconfig port forwarding if I wished. If you have multiple cameras, you can add them to one page which is cool.

-Mike

Comment

I am pretty happy with mine too... I had read some about it before I just happened upon one @ RS this past weekend... I temp installed it in about 5 minutes just like you... I plan to install it in at that front door later... I hope it all works out... I am happy with it and am thinking about going to get my wife to get another... REBATE thing ya know... One name, one address....

Comment

Originally posted by Clever1
                  I plan to install it in at that front door later...
                  Is that camera weatherproof?
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin
                    Is that camera weatherproof?
                    The BL-C10A is NOT weatherproof, but it should do OK looking out a window.
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X