HomeKit Plugin - Homebridge-Homeseer4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeKit Plugin - Homebridge-Homeseer4

For those of you who use my homebridge plugin (Homebridge-Homeseer4), I'm working on a big code cleanup (updating the code to more "modern" javascript which has resulted in a fairly significant decrease in code size). The idea is to have code that is more maintainable / readable so others can contribute to it if they want (though I do think its pretty much feature complete).

Problem is, I don't use HomeSeer much anymore, so before I release the code as a general release, I need some volunteers to test it.

If you're willing to give it a test, here's what to do . . .

First, be sure you're running at least Version 16 of node. If you aren't, you'll need to update that

Then . . .

From the config-ui-x interface , go to your plugins settings, then for the Homeseer4 plugin, choose the tool, then "install Previous Version"

Then from the Previous Version menu, select the 1.0.25-beta.2

Give it a try and report back if it works.

I'm particularly interested in someone testing with Z-wave dimmers - ramping 0 - 100% on the iOS app, and 0-99 in HomeSeer. Does all behave as expected?

Comment

I'm relatively new to Homebridge and your plug-in, but why not, I'll give it a shot! I've got some Z-Wave dimmers even.

Comment

Got it installed and did some quick tests ... no issues with the dimmers.

Comment

latest "release" version is now 1.0.30

Comment

For those that use this plugin (I use it extensively along with the Home app on all of our Apple devices) I put two pull requests in that will allow you to change fan icons in iOS/macOS. Now you can actually have a ceiling fan showing instead of a desk fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
              For those that use this plugin (I use it extensively along with the Home app on all of our Apple devices) I put two pull requests in that will allow you to change fan icons in iOS/macOS. Now you can actually have a ceiling fan showing instead of a desk fan.
              Implemented in version 1.0.33 of the plugin (published 7/28/2022)

Comment

Out of curiosity, how is the stability of Homebridge now ? I guess a lot changed in the last 5 years.

I might give this a go .

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
                  Out of curiosity, how is the stability of Homebridge now ? I guess a lot changed in the last 5 years.

I might give this a go .
                  I run a HomeSeer only config without config-UI-X and it's been very stable for me. I run it via systemd with no other node apps running at the same time, if that makes a difference. I have 10 events and 25 devices including 2 thermostats defined. Considering purchasing an Apple Watch for added convenience.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks !! My gf has one this will be high waf

Comment

I've been running it on the same RasPi as HS4 (with the UI, Nest, Ring, and HomeSeer plug-ins) and it works pretty well. My wife loves being able to use the Apple Home app instead of HS Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post

I might give this a go .
                        It is very stable. The only "gotcha" is that when you add or remove nodes from Homeseer, they need to be manually added or removed from Homebridge.

I would be sweet if somehow that information could get from the "Voice Control" checkbox and name in Homeseer into Homebridge....
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

It is very stable. The only "gotcha" is that when you add or remove nodes from Homeseer, they need to be manually added or removed from Homebridge.

I would be sweet if somehow that information could get from the "Voice Control" checkbox and name in Homeseer into Homebridge....
                          Also, if you happen to remove a device in HomeSeer that is defined in the Homebridge config file, it will continue to work "until the next restart" at which point it will fail.
                          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I currently use a mimo-lite relay to control our garage door, and wanted to use the "simple" config. I have edited the following file, located in the "lib" folder under the Homebridge-Homeseer4 folder to do this, attached if anyone wants to test it out. If Homebridge-HomeSeer4 recognizes a virtual garage door device (device type "unknown"), it will instead use "opening" and "closing" controls, allowing HomeKit to properly show the door is opening and closing before it is fully open or fully closed. I have a wireless sensor to show when the door is fully opened, and use the mimo-lite sensor the show when the door is fully closed, although this is not required (one sensor is fine, although the events will need to be modified). Here are screenshots of my virtual device and corresponding events. Let me know what you think and feel free to test out. https://imgur.com/a/i1JHeGi
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've also been working on the selection list for the advanced config, would anyone be interested in this? Currently running on my own fork, but I can put in a pull release. Basically alphabetized it and made it easier to read. See attachments.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X