Event After Sunset with Negative Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event After Sunset with Negative Hours

Let's say sunset is 8pm. How can I create a condition that is true starting from 4pm? There is the condition "The Time is This After Sunset" but you can only set positive hours and minutes so it will be sometime after 8pm. There is the condition "The Time is This Before Sunset" but I want something that is true after sunset, not before. There is "The Time is Daytime" but it doesn't allow me to add an offset to the sunrise and sunset. I also can't see any combination of conditions that could achieve but I might miss something.

I'm not sure what you're describing, but would a virtual switch work for your condition? Have it turn on at a certain time or time before / after sunset? Maybe tell us exactly what you are looking at having the event do, and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Comment

I want something like:
      IF Sensor Luminance was set and has a value that is less than 40%
      AND IF The Time is MINUS 4h after sunset
      THEN Set Device Light to On

Let's say sunset is at 8pm. However, at 8pm the Luminance value already dropped to 30%. Hence, if my condition is "The Time is PLUS 1m after sunset" the event triggers far too late (because I want to trigger it when it goes below 40%). So somehow I need to modify the condition that it is true STARTING from 4pm and later.

Comment

Never mind, I just do something like

IF Sensor Luminance was set and has a value that is less than 40%
        AND IF The time is after 4:00pm
        AND IF The time is before 10:00pm
        THEN Set Device Light to On
        Event Cannot Re-Run for 6h

This will cover both winter and summer. I also adjust the not re-run to 6h which means if the lights come on at 4pm it won't run again until 10pm which is my other cut-off time. Hence, the lights should not come on automatically anymore after 10pm until the next day at 4pm. It just means during winter time the lights might come on too early to my wife's liking. We will so how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          Let's say sunset is 8pm. How can I create a condition that is true starting from 4pm? There is the condition "The Time is This After Sunset" but you can only set positive hours and minutes so it will be sometime after 8pm. There is the condition "The Time is This Before Sunset" but I want something that is true after sunset, not before. There is "The Time is Daytime" but it doesn't allow me to add an offset to the sunrise and sunset. I also can't see any combination of conditions that could achieve but I might miss something.
          Personally I would use EasyTrigger schedules for this. Schedule ranges can have negative offsets from Sunset and Sunrise.

Steve

Comment

Well, once again EasyTrigger has what HS should have. Why can't you enter negative numbers with HS... Thank you for the tip. I will use EasyTrigger. I am still going to put in a feature request with HS.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              ….I am still going to put in a feature request with HS.
              👍

Comment

👍

Comment

MINUS 4h after sunset is simply 4hs before sunset? The Time is This Before Sunset trigger with 4 hours entered.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think he wants a Condition “The time is AFTER X hours before sunset…”. Easy Trigger has a couple of ways to do this, but it is not native in HomeSeer”. It would be a great addition for sure.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      MINUS 4h after sunset is simply 4hs before sunset? The Time is This Before Sunset trigger with 4 hours entered.
                      Maybe I misunderstood this event but I interpreted that the well, the time before sunset. So if sunset is at 8pm it would be the time from 12:01am to 7:59pm of that day. And if I add 4 hours it would be from 12:01am to 3:59pm. We are already passed sunset so I can't give it a try today to see if this actually create a timespan from 3:59pm to 11:59pm instead of the 12:01am to 3:59pm that I though.

Comment

Can this be done using the trigger Rupp pointed in combination with a virtual device? IF the time is 4 hrs before sunset THEN Turn On virtual device. You'd then use the state of the virtual device as the condition. Then create a second event that turns off the virtual device at 11:59PM. EDIT: or whatever time you want the condition to not be true.
                        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                          Can this be done using the trigger Rupp pointed in combination with a virtual device? IF the time is 4 hrs before sunset THEN Turn On virtual device. You'd then use the state of the virtual device as the condition. Then create a second event that turns off the virtual device at 11:59PM. EDIT: or whatever time you want the condition to not be true.
                          Yes. Controlling a virtual device would be a solution.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                            Good idea but I am just using EasyTrigger. I hope HS will implement this so people who don't have EasyTrigger don't have to take this workaround.

Comment

Working...
                            X