Problem with system not responding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with system not responding.

I've noticed lately that after 2 to 3 days of running that HS or perhaps the PowerLinc USB plug in just stops sending x10 signals.

It's a little weird but to look at the program you'd never know that anythingis wrong, except that lights are on that are not supposed to be. I try to go in and manually operate the lights, no response. Looking at the log in HS it says that things are humming along just fine, i see events happening as usual, except nothing is being sent out. If i shut down HS and restart it everything is back to normal and it will run for another couple of days and then do the same thing.

Being new, there is very little in here yet. Pretty much just the basic program version 1.7.30 and the Powerlinc USB pluging version 1.0.5. The only error i see in the log starting up is an error loading touchpad ini settings, but that's always been there and i haven't done anything with touchpad yet so i didn't worry to much about it. This is all running on an XPpro system. I did notice that when i upgraded to 1.7.30 that the program takes longer to load, generally about two minutes. I don't know if that's signicfant or not.

Any and all suggestions appreciated!
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Nightwalker,
    I had the same problem but it seemed to be the USB Powerlinc, because I unplugged and plugged back in and everything worked. In fairness this has only happened once
    Mike

Comment

Nightwalker,
      Another user had recently reported that their powerlinc show a memory leak. The next time this happens can you see how much memory the powerlinc is consuming using task manager. If you find it excessively high I would do a search for that post or at least post back here. Then file a trouble ticket. There could be a low lying problem in the plugin that only a few users are seeing.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you both for your response. I'll keep an eye on it. It never occured to me to try just unplugging the powerlinc and see if that fixed it. i'll have to try it.

i did read the post about the memory leak and while i didn't specifically look for that i'd like to think i would notice it, but who knows, i'll keep an eye on that too. I've been using the powerlinc for about 6 months now and it's performed well, HS is the 3rd HA program i've run it with and so far my favorite.

thanks for the replies and i'll try to be a lot more observant next time it happens so i can give more info.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
        X