"The Time is This Before Sunset" as Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Time is This Before Sunset" as Condition

I have been trying out "The Time is This Before Sunset" but I can't get it to work when used in a condition. When I use it as a trigger it works fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BeforeSunsetAsTrigger.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1545431

However, when I use it as a condition nothing happens. Note that it is about 11am here and I tried the "The Time is This Before Sunset" so that the resulting time is both before and after 11am. To trigger it I turned on the pantry light and I can see that the status goes to On. Has anybody else used "The Time is this Before Sunset" (or Sunrise, or after) as a condition? If you look at the wording it almost seems to me it is looking for a specific time rather than a time range (everything after or before Sunset), i.e. it shouldn't be a condition at all.

In the following screenshot if "AND IF" were be collapsed it would say "The time is 9h, 34m before sunset. (10:35 AM)", i.e. before 11am.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BeforeSunsetAsTrigger.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1545432

This one is 7h before sunset resulting in 1:09pm, i.e. after 11am
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BeforeSunsetAsCondition2.png Views:	0 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	1545429
    Attached Files

Time before sunset is a single point in time, not a range. Single points in time are triggers, not conditions.

Comment

That is kind of what I suspected. But it is available as condition as shown above. So it shouldn't be available as condition.

Comment

For a range dependent on sunrise/sunset then you need to choose the other functions, just scroll down further:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	108
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1545445

Comment

I saw those but they don't work for what I need which is "The time is x hours before sunset, but before this"

Comment

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish, can you state it as standard sentence? Do you want to turn on a light if the time is currently X hours before sunset?

And if it's a sufficiently large number of hours before sunset, why not just use the condition "daylight" (after sunrise and before sunset)?

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              I have been trying out "The Time is This Before Sunset" but I can't get it to work when used in a condition. When I use it as a trigger it works fine.

Click image for larger version Name:	BeforeSunsetAsTrigger.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1545431

However, when I use it as a condition nothing happens. Note that it is about 11am here and I tried the "The Time is This Before Sunset" so that the resulting time is both before and after 11am. To trigger it I turned on the pantry light and I can see that the status goes to On. Has anybody else used "The Time is this Before Sunset" (or Sunrise, or after) as a condition? If you look at the wording it almost seems to me it is looking for a specific time rather than a time range (everything after or before Sunset), i.e. it shouldn't be a condition at all.
              There are 7 pretty useless conditions in this group. Other than “The Time is Before This” and “The Time is After This” the rest are exact times. It is virtually impossible for any Trigger to occur at the exact moment these Conditions would be true.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2A6D974A-03D1-44E0-836B-B23063A3F9D6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	1545472

The Easy Trigger variants are what should be there

Click image for larger version  Name:	A41BE202-503E-4B07-AC21-9C4546387782.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	1545470
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

... and confusing since they are offered as conditions...

Comment

Yes. They are a legacy of HS3 (possibly HS2 as well). I know I submitted a Bugzilla on these, but they still are there. Bugzilla is long gone.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I just submitted a bug for those. I guess since they are there since HS3 or even HS2 they will stay there. So it probably didn't help submitting a bug. They probably don't want to "break" events that probably never worked anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X