Not enough disk space upgrade problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough disk space upgrade problem.

I tried to update my Homeseer this morning to the latest version. After the install was complete, I tried to run it and received:

"Homeseer.exe is not a valid win32 application"

I panicked (mainly because I have to leave for work and don't want to have my wife upset that things aren't running properly ;-) ) and realized that when I did the upgrade, I had little space left on my hard drive and Homeseer could update the whole file.

I was able to figure this out quickly, but another person may not. Shouldn't the updater make sure there is enough space before starting a download?

It sure should and now that each plugin price is at a mainstream program price I think we should be expecting each plugin to come with an installer and an uninstaller. Would your buy Trend Micro for $40 dollars and expect the same results. I would be very upset to start the install and run out of disk space. I would also be irate if I installed it and couldn't un-install it. I don't mind the latest price increase of plugins but with that main stream price tag come a bit more expectations.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

A note...

The upgrade was performed from within the installer itself and not simply running the installer program.

Comment

Yes I realize that jeport. The updater still needs to check before installing. In addition there should be an uninstall for all plugins now that the price increase has taken effect.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just wanted to make sure. Either way it sucks...

Have a great night!
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X