BASIC System Size Limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASIC System Size Limitations

My current Insteon system has NO cameras and roughly 40 Insteon light switches, with many of the switches turning ON/OFF at different times. Is a BASIC system configuration capable of doing this?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "BASIC" system, but I have at least twice that many switches and LOTS of other devices (sound, HVAC, motion, cameras, security. . .) and HS has no problem handling all of it. Can you be more specific in describing the limitations you are most concerned about?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Under "Managing My HS Account" there are 4 Plans listed, and I must sign up for one: Basic (I am automatically enrolled here; this level is free), Premium, Premium+, and Premium Pro. All the Premium plans have a monthly cost, so I am hoping I can operate under the Basic Plan. Your experience?

Comment

Those plans have no effect on your local setup's device count.

Assuming you are referring to how many devices can be controlled locally, I have 130 physical devices connected (if I include virtual and child devices, the number jumps to 1,100+).

If there's a limit, I don't know what it is, but people on this forum have said they have hundreds of physical devices connected to HS3/4 - you've got a long way to go to hit that!

Comment

Originally posted by saclarkdoc48@msn.com View Post
          Under "Managing My HS Account" there are 4 Plans listed, and I must sign up for one: Basic (I am automatically enrolled here; this level is free), Premium, Premium+, and Premium Pro. All the Premium plans have a monthly cost, so I am hoping I can operate under the Basic Plan. Your experience?
          Sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about MyHS.
          As jgreenberg01 noted, those plans are independent of your HS setup and refer to options for managing your system remotely. I've only every used a basic MyHS account which limits me to one user. I have over 1200 devices (including virtual devices) and over 700 events and HS is loafing most of the time.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Many Thanks, Guys! I will do nothing (which keeps my system on the Basic Plan just like you two have).

Comment

Working...
            X