UHF blaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHF blaster

I have a BOSE lifestyle 25 sound system. And as you may or may not know their remotes use UHF rather than IR. So does anyone know of a UHF version of the UIRT or something similar. I've tried google and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I need also something similar to control my electric projection screen.

Comment

I have a LifeStyle 28, mine can be controlled via IR. There is an option that allows the centre to both receive and send IR.

If you press a button on the RF remote the IR command is then sent out and can be caught with a Pronto or similar.

Not an answer but possibly a route to look at?

Comment

Unfortunately its UHF only.

Comment

I have a RF sat. When the remote broke I saved the RF section and built a simple interface to my ocelot IR. The ocelot sends IR and this unit converts the IR pulses to RF for the sat.

Comment

Hack the remote

I own a 25 also, I found myself in the same boat a year or so back.

For me it came down to either building my own (the componets are availible) or hacking the remote.

The best for me (lack of time and desire to reinvent the wheel) was to hack the remote.

My ocelot and a relay module control the Bose with out HS, very reliable. I use events to control the ocelot relays from HS which has also been reliable.

Only pitfall sofar is an abence of feedback to oclelot or HS from the bose that it is on or off. I use the on/off button for (off) and aux button for (on) so I get pretty good results.

Good Luck,

Darrell

Comment

Thanks for the info I guessed as much. I have an old sat receiver in the garage somewhere, it has a combined UHF and IR remote so I might have a go with that. I've just sent an email to Bose to ask them if they have a computer controlled remote.

Comment

Heh, remember how a Bose system was supposed to make your life easier.

Comment

If you are a DIY type, you might consider hacking your UHF remote, depending how much one cost. A good while back I looked inside a regular universal remote (~$10) and found I could do simple button pushes via an NPN transistor (below). I've mapped out the button matrix in this remote and it is a 7X5 setup. I still need to make a 7X5 transistor setup so all 33 buttons can be actuated, but I think it is possible. A $10 serial to parallel chip, two 74HCT259 chips, some resistors and diodes should be pretty much all that would be needed to control the remote from the computer via the serial port. The remote would still be normally functional for programming and use, but it would have 12 wires comming out of it connected to the control gizmo.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/irmods.htm
                  Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Working...
                  X