Zigbee usb dongle - Ethernet / tcp remote connected USB device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee usb dongle - Ethernet / tcp remote connected USB device

I am looking for a way to have my USB Zigbee dongle located remote from my HS4 Pro server. Anyone know of a device - perhaps like a Rasperry Pi that could have the Zigbee dongle installed and have that USB device appear as a local USB device on the server running HS4 so it could access and control the dongle.

Thinking along the lines of how the HomeSeer Z-NET R2 Remote Z-Wave Interface works. as it has USB interfaces, perhaps Homeseer could add some code to support the Zigbee dongle on this device

Thank you

Warren

The znet is just a raspberry pi with a zwave hat. If you are familiar with raspbian you can access the usb ports to add what you are talking about. There may be an example on the forums on how to do that.

Comment

Zigbee2MQTT can be run on any network (LAN or WAN) device and data available to HS via mcsMQTT pluign. Zigbee2MQTT has the greatest number of zigbee devices supported and the documentation is very good. Home | Zigbee2MQTT. In my opinion this is a better solution than any attempt to virtualize a USB interface.

Comment

Going with the following
        AnyplaceUSB 2-Port USB Over Ethernet USB Device Server

$67.00 and if it does not work, return to Amazon. Ill let you know how it works.

Thank you

Warren

Comment

Working...
        X