Dimmer with increments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer with increments

I am using a ZW39 dimmer and would like to be able to adjust the intensity incrementally depending on a trigger valve. So far all I am capable of doing is if a device's value is less than or equal 80% value then set the dimmer to X% but my goal is when its at or below 80 for it to boost intensity by 10%. Any ideas? Thanks, RussClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture homeseer.png
Views:	103
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1546984

For you're question, you could do a script that gets the value of the device, calculates the ten percent, then adds it to the devices value.

If you give us a bit of information on what you're trying to do, we might be able to offer a solution other then what you're trying now.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Thanks Wade, currently looking at the script option. I found this script and attempting to apply it to my situation, although I know nothing about coding: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...tlight-for-hs3

So some background as to what I am doing, I run a farm and have been using Homeseer with ESP8266 boards to automate and monitor some processes. One process is brooding baby chicks who need access to heat but the heat needs to within a certain range and gradually lowered over the course of a few weeks. I had a system that works well but over the winter thought up a few more ideas, one where I use a ceramic bulb with a dimmer. I would monitor the temp of the heated space, then use a ZW39 dimmer to increase or decrease the temp every few minutes as needed. The goal is a gentler more consistent heat, without the heater bulbs continually turning off and on. Hope this makes sense!

Comment

You can do what you want easily with the EasyTrigger plug-in. You can set the value of any device, like a dimmer, to a formula value based on the device's current value. You can have an action that says "set dimmer to CurrentValue minus 10%" or whatever formula you want. You can even set a device's value based on the value of another device and a formula. All without any coding.

Check the EasyTrigger forum for documentation and examples.

Comment

Thanks I will take a look there as well!

Comment

Update: The EasyTrigger plugin appears to work with this configuration. I have a cooling config once its over 83 with the goal of a range between 80-83.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture homeseer.png Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	1547599

Comment

Working...
            X