Phantom Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Device

I have an entry in the event log "Exec Command: Q17 Off dim: 0 Extra: 0" The problem is that I don't have a device Q17 defined anywhere. These fill up the log day and night.

Any ideas where to start with this one? Not a showstopper, but kind of annoying.

Thanks!

Do you have a remote in the drawer somewhere that is on the Q house code? I had a box of X10 stuff and one of the stick a switches was wedged between 2 boxes and transmitted A1 ons for a few days before I found it. It could be noise on the powerline but this is a low house code for noise.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Remotes don't do "Q"

Originally posted by Rupp
      Do you have a remote in the drawer somewhere that is on the Q house code? I had a box of X10 stuff and one of the stick a switches was wedged between 2 boxes and transmitted A1 ons for a few days before I found it. It could be noise on the powerline but this is a low house code for noise.
      Probably not a remote stuck somewhere. First off, remotes normally only do house codes A-P and secondly they normally only do addresses 1-16. Gotta be something else, probably noise as you suggested.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Good point Dick. I assumed that some of the keyfob remotes would go further than the X10 controllable codes. You know what they say about assuming.

Comment

So this would be a virtual device as the X10 spec only has A-P housecodes not even your X10 interface should report noise as anything above P housecode.

Do you have any new plugins? Maybe girder or parallel port or Ocelot. Something that is not X10.
          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

kwolter,

That Exec Command entry in the log is coming from an EXECX10 statement from either a script or plugin. One thing you can check is to stay by your HS log screen and check to see if a script starts running when the log entry is created. If no script shows running then a plugin might be the cause.

Comment

k,

Create a virtual device "Q17" and see what the status is changing to. This will help you to find out which script or plug-in is the problem. Meaning that if Q17's status changes to "Partly Cloudy" you know it is a weather script somewhere.

Comment

I only have one Palm Pad remote.

"Create a virtual device "Q17" and see what the status is changing to. This will help you to find out which script or plug-in is the problem. Meaning that if Q17's status changes to "Partly Cloudy" you know it is a weather script somewhere."

I'll try this. Thanks!

Comment

kwolter,
                  Another option I have used in the past is go to the HS root directory and using windows search the "A word or phrase in the file" option enter Q17 to see if you get any hits especially in the HTML or scripts folders.

Comment

Thanks, Rupp. I'll try this too.

Comment

Excellent point Rupp.... Probably a faster response too...

So how did it go???

Comment

Yep, Rupp's suggestion worked great. I still had a script active that I thought I had abandoned a long time ago. The virtual device didn't exist anymore, but the script kept referencing it.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah Rupp is the man... I sure am Happy he is local... Course we haven't met yet..

Comment

Working...
                          X