ZOOZ Was Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZOOZ Was Awesome!

Can't think of doing this much, but Zooz deserves it...they are awesome! I bought a $26 relay that did not operate as expected under a niche set of circumstances. Zooz tech support responded within 24 hours of every one of my inquiries (information is half the battle with most tech support). They developed two different firmware updates for my circumstance and even replaced the relay at one point (even paying the shipping). They ultimately fixed the issue and the relay now performs a function I could not otherwise find a solution to. This excellent customer service cost them far, far more than the $26 sale produced, but they have gained a loyal customer. I have found that their product line includes a number of interesting Zwave solutions; check them out. THANKS ZOOZ!
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Great news, which product got the firmware upgrades? I might have a couple.

Comment

Zen 17, dual relay. I’m using it to monitor the status of a household generator with one relay on the utility company power and the other on the genset power. I found that if I lost power to the relay momentarily (a likelihood when switching between utility and generator), when power was restored the Zen would not accurately report the status of the relays. They have corrected that issue.
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
        Zen 17, dual relay. I’m using it to monitor the status of a household generator with one relay on the utility company power and the other on the genset power. I found that if I lost power to the relay momentarily (a likelihood when switching between utility and generator), when power was restored the Zen would not accurately report the status of the relays. They have corrected that issue.
        Thanks, I have the 3 relay version of it in a couple of areas (transformer control, etc). I'll start to scan online for firmware updates for it.

As for losing power on the relay box, I'd probably have just punted and plugged it into my UPS backup strip.

Cheers.

Comment

UPS not available in my exterior switch box.
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Ahh, exterior, that could be a problem I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
              Interesting. I have an outlet outside that frequently trips during thunderstorms. GFI at the breaker.

I have been looking for something to tell me when that trips.
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
              X