Can't Manually Add a Unifi Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Manually Add a Unifi Camera

I've been running my unifi Protect system on a UDM Pro and I just started experimenting with adding the cameras to HS4. As I suspected, the Unifi cameras can't be auto-detected by HS4 so I tried to add one manually. I added both the snapshot URL as well as the RTSP stream URL but no matter what I do I can't save the settings for the camera. It's as if the setup form is not happy about something but it isn't telling me what.

The camera is a G3 Dome if that matters. I logged into the camera and enabled anonymous snapshots and also enabled rtsp for the camera in the Protect app. I tested the snapshot URL in Chrome and the RTSP URL in VLC and both are working fine.

Any ideas?
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Have you looked at stefxx Unifi plugin? It's almost a requirement if you have a Unifi system running. It's the swiss army knife for Unifi

Comment

If it doesn't stick after saving, it might be something in HS4. FWIW, this is how I've setup my Unifi camera:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-05 130455.png
Views:	469
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1550075
      stefxx

Comment

Thanks vasrc I'll give that plugin a go. I used MeiUnifi for a while but dropped it due to lack of support. Frank never fully got the UDM Pro working correctly.

Thanks stefxx I'm using rtsp and 7447 and that's working with VLC. I'll change that and see if it makes a difference.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

7447 is the (default) secure version. HS4 only accepts non-secure, hence the 7441 port.

edit: now I think about it, the correct stream should start with rtsp:// (without the s), but I just tested it and it works both.
          stefxx

Comment

No matter what I try to enter HS won't save the settings. Just to confirm, I tried with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and they all do the same thing. Tried Chrome and Edge on Windows as well. Same thing.

Comment

What version of HS4 are you using?
              stefxx

Comment

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.12.0 (Windows)

Comment

Perhaps open a ticket with HomeSeer support?

Or try the workaround in this thread (last post): https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ave-camera-url
                  stefxx

Comment

Editing hspi_HSTouch.ini did the trick for getting the settings to stick but still no video under Cameras->Live

EDIT: I had a typo in the snapshot URL so that was making the video not work as well.

THANK YOU vasco and stefxx for your help and patience. BTW, Just purchased the Unifi plugin.

Comment

Same issue here.

settings for camera won’t save.

could you please share what you changed in the United file?

thanks for the help.

Comment

Never mind.

found the link in the first answer.
                        i will give it a try.

thanks

Comment

Mine looks like this:

[Manual Cameras]
                          url_Backyard=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/snap.jpeg
                          urlstream_Backyard=rtsps://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7441/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP
                          guid_Backyard=0123456789-0123456789-0123456789

You get the actual data from the web interface for each camera. ​

Comment

Working...
                          X