Adding Insteon modules and X10 module’s not working on new MNS plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Insteon modules and X10 module’s not working on new MNS plugin

Hi, I’m New to HomeSeer and this forum. I have a number of Insteon clients who I’m hoping I can help with some new Homeseer PI’s and the Insteon plug-in that I have installed. ( day 3 of 30day trial).
    So far I’m finding it a lot of work as I wasn’t expecting to have to link each module individually to the Homeseer hub. Most of my modules are in ceiling fixtures, wall switches and remote areas that are not easily accessible. I was hoping there would be a way to see the existing Insteon modules in the Insteon hub through the HomeSeer Network… if anyone has an easier solution to adding the modules please let me know.
    As well I have some old X10 modules that I thought would work but it doesn’t seem as if I’m able to communicate with them, I have the setting set to allow X 10, not sure what I’m missing.

*** Please help me if you know why I can’t get the x10 modules to work with the plug in

Comment

Why am I not getting reply’s to myx10 questions.?

Comment

Post your questions here ==>

MNS Insteon for HS4 (mnsandler)

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

*** Please help me if you know why I can’t get the x10 modules to work with the plug in
          Ps. Pete; I couldn’t write anything in your post where you put the arrow
          1 Photo

Comment

I do not know much about the current Insteon plugin. Mark Sandler would know. I went to separate controllers here many many years ago which were

1 - Insteon serial PLM (Mark Sandler Insteon for HS3 (mnsandler)

2 - CM11A for X10. IE: Mark Fisher (X10 (mfisher))

I do not use Insteon today. I still utilize X10 (and UPB, ZWave, Zigbee and MQTT)

I do not see the photo.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Insthelp View Post
              Ps. Pete; I couldn’t write anything in your post where you put the arrow
              1 Photo
              You need to click on the link Pete supplied to go to the MNS Insteon subforum, where I am sure other insteon users and the plugin author will see your questions.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...teon-mnsandler

Comment

Thanks guys for your input and direction

Comment

Working...
                X