Recommend zwave lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend zwave lock

My zwave Schlage connect is failing after 4 years. Every few days it goes unresponsive until I remove the battery. They are twice what I paid now $300.

If Schlage support can’t help, I’d replace with something else. It doesn’t have to be zwave. It’s a deadbolt with outside keypad.

Any homeseer compatible recommendations?

Thanks
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

I love my Schlage Z-Wave locks. Hopefully Schlage will be able to offer a solution.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you want to try something else, Yale Zigbee locks.
      Works perfectly with HS via MQTT (Zigbee2MQTT + McsMQTT)
      Local/Not cloud based. Stable/Good range & battery life. No need to be 1ft away to pair devices.
      Some learning curve if you are not already using MQTT. Otherwise should work with JowieHue PI as well.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/supported-devices/#v=Yale

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2022-06-05 234905.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1550254

Comment

I have a kwikset z-wave lock and a yale zrd-226 lock IIRC. the yale lock can be both z-wave and zigbee depending on the module you plug into it. I think it can do wifi as well. They both work but for both it's a pain finding out who last opened the door. They play, but not as nicely as you would want. Also, I'm not sure that the zigbee version is up to speed. Since I went the z-wave road I haven't looked at the zigbee version, but I might.

Comment

Others on this board have said that Schlage support is rather good. Have you given them a chance yet?

And the Lowe's web site says that they are currently ~$214 (US). Just a little increase from $200 when I bough mine a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
            Others on this board have said that Schlage support is rather good. Have you given them a chance yet?

And the Lowe's web site says that they are currently ~$214 (US). Just a little increase from $200 when I bough mine a few years ago.
            Thanks. I sent their support an email. Still waiting to hear. Thanks for the Lowes tip. I just checked Amazon. I paid $167 in 2018.

I have two, including the bad one. So would be nice to stick with it.

-Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
            Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I have Yale Z-wave locks and they are great. They are Z-wave pro and when I bought them, Schlage didn't support that. Not sure if they do now.
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

The Kwikset Zwave locks work very well. I found them less expensive and they have the ability for you to re-key them yourself easily. I called their tech support a couple of times and got a live response and walk-through on the phone.

Comment

Working...
                X