HS Android remote app that has widgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Android remote app that has widgets

Background: My previous home automation platform, Vera, had some great advantages. One was an Android app written by a user that was similar to HS Mobile in that it allowed you to control your system from your phone, the real advantage was that the app had Android widgets you could put on your phone home screen. That meant that if you pulled up in your car and your phone connected to your local wifi, you could simply tap an icon on your phone screen to unlock the house door before you got out of the car. Huge WAF especially when it's pouring rain outside.

Are there any current HS remote Android apps that support widgets? And yes, I know what Tasker is, but I'd like to keep it as simple as possible by using an app that directly has widgets.

Thanks.

HSBuddy has Shortcuts- I just placed a "Pinned Shortcut" on my android which when pressed turned on a lamp. HSBuddy also opens the lamp's device page, so it's not exacty what you want but may work for you. HSBuddy has also recently implemented NFC tags which I haven't tried yet.
    Out of curiosity, was your Vera app "Authomation" by garrettwp? I'm also a Vera refugee. That was a great app, especially for it's time.

Comment

Also in the VA (Vera Anonymous) group. It did have some useful Android apps.

This also is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I'll throw it out there anyway...

You can create some really simple HSTouch projects just by dragging devices from the Device box and it will fill in the Actions for you.

Yes, there may be a little extra work like changing the StatusTracking to the device (HSTouch Designer doesn't do this automatically for you), and aligning them on the screen yourself.

The downside is navigating Designer with all of its "eccentricities". The upside is you aren't limited to the simple drag and drop widgets that most apps offer - you could make it look however you want. There's where the WAF really comes in.

Just my $0.02 and as always, YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
        Out of curiosity, was your Vera app "Authomation" by garrettwp? I'm also a Vera refugee. That was a great app, especially for it's time.
        Yep, that was it!

Another thing that Vera did better than HS4, even though Vera ran on a crappy OEM hardware platform with limited memory, was lock management. The fact you could easily setup lock codes based on time schedules directly addressed real-word use-cases (baby sitters, house cleaners, visiting guests, etc). It astounds me that HS4 doesn't have this feature built in.

Comment

I use Tasker for that sort of thing. I can push an icon (that sends an HTTP message to Homeseer). But normally I have Tasker turn on the Wifi when it sees the garage door open or motion in the garage, and as soon as I connect to my home network, automatically sets my phone and Homeseer to "at home" status. And if I do not connect to my home router, and no one else is home, make noise to alert me that there is an intruder.

Tasker is one of the most powerful tools for home automation, besides the Android stuff. And Tasker has widget support that works well.

Comment

Working...
          X