Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Running the 4.0.0.0 Beta Z-Wave Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx…I also see issues with often failing to update dimmer led’s. Seems like it is far more often than before. Weirdly, At night there are several switches that I either turn completely off on the LEDs or I turn to red. Those mass changes seem to work pretty seamlessly...’most’ of the time. I have some upstairs that change depending whether doors are locked or not and those seem to fail quite often when writing to a single LED.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

I think that's why they made it a new plugin instead of replacing the legacy version with the new version. I haven't seen anywhere where it said you couldn't continue to run the legacy version if it's working for you. You just won't get any new device support in the legacy version.
      My point is that when things are deprecated and going to be dropped, how is a user to know that if rjh or someone at HomeSeer doesn't tell us. First, restore function for my z-troller was dropped. No notice was given that HS was dropping support for this hardware as the z-wave plugin moved forward. Now in the 4.0 plugin, they dropped commands that were still working without giving notice. I'm a strong supporter of HomeSeer and have had it for years but better communication about adds/changes/deletions to both hardware and features is needed on an ongoing basis. The programmers can easily keep a file updated as they go that says "we're dropping these commands" or "we're dropping this hardware support." Then when new plugin versions or core updates to HS are forthcoming, the release notes can give us all due warning to change things or not install the updates.

Comment

Are you seeing any errors in the log when it does not work? I control a bunch of LEDS on my WX300's and so far no issues. I want to rule out some communication issue. If it is a COMMS issue you should see an error in the log.

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
        Thx…I also see issues with often failing to update dimmer led’s. Seems like it is far more often than before. Weirdly, At night there are several switches that I either turn completely off on the LEDs or I turn to red. Those mass changes seem to work pretty seamlessly...’most’ of the time. I have some upstairs that change depending whether doors are locked or not and those seem to fail quite often when writing to a single LED.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I assume you are referring to the device images? Are you changing these in the status/graphics editor?

Originally posted by RMB View Post
          rjh
          I have a problem since Z-Wave plugin 4.0.0.0 with most of my custom chosen z-wave device/feature pictures.
          Most of them (temp/hum/lux/pwr) are restored to the default HS pictures. When I change them back to my preferred pictures and restart HS, all are restored to the HS default ones again.
          And second; I have two znets, so when adding/remoing a device it would be very convenient if one could choose the znet before adding/removing.
          Last thing noticed; HS event logging is still showing "Legacy-Plugin", is this supposed to be so?

Comment

The pictures I mentioned are the status graphics. The temperature, humidity, lux and power feature status graphics were reset to the HomeSeer defaults. After changing back to my preferred graphics, and rebooting the system, they were restored to the defaults again.

Comment

FYI, Z-Seer now works properly with the V4 plugin, you get the latest version here from the V4 post:

Z-Wave Plugin v4.0 Beta Released - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                HS4 Pro: I had found the previous UI with the HS3 z-wave plug-in broke all of my Aeotec Minimote remote controllers when you did an optimisation, like they just didn't work any more. Running the legacy optimisation would bring them all back.

So I installed Z-Wave 4.0.0.0 beta plug in and immediately did a full optimisation to check. Now my Minimotes don't work, and there is no easy way to turn off the plug in and revert without using a restore point. Nothing shows in the log when I press a Minimote button.
                Same issue - my minimote has stopped working.

Comment

I have a Support ticket in for the Minimotes - HSCS-14886. Support responded that I shouldn't be using the z-wave full optimising function. I had deliberately used it to see if it would break the same way and it did. Am I wrong in thinking regular (approx twice a year) optimising keeps my z-wave network in good shape ?

JoSo: Did you optimise, or did the Minimote simply not work with the Beta 4.0.0.0 plug in ? Did you revert to the previous plug in, and did it work again ? I am being asked by Support to try the Beta 4.0.0.0 plugin again without optimising, but need time to get full backups - I had an unstable system for a few days when I reverted the plug in to V3 last time. Even if it works, if I ever optimise the system again I will lose all four minimotes
                  Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
                    I have a Support ticket in for the Minimotes - HSCS-14886. Support responded that I shouldn't be using the z-wave full optimising function. I had deliberately used it to see if it would break the same way and it did. Am I wrong in thinking regular (approx twice a year) optimising keeps my z-wave network in good shape ?
                    Yes.

Mesh network protocols such as Zigbee, Z-wave, and even the Internet stack, are designed be self-healing. When nodes are added or removed the network will create new or modified routes based on mathematical formulas (this is all documented in the Z-wave standards). There is normally no reason to manually optimize in a well-designed network.

That being said... there are issues when a node goes rogue, in that, the node has gone defective and is not fully responding properly to network requests. In that case the self-healing function can be interfered with, IMO, this what causes more than 50% of the frustrations people experience with Z-wave. A seldom used Z-wave node can still function but not passing network packets properly, which then interferes with communication to other devices. In situations like that one could then manually set routes to ignore that node until the user has a chance to replace it.

Another situation when a need to set manual routes is when a node is on the outside fringes of the normally strong inner mesh. I've got a case with a detached garage on the back of my property where I was able to extend my Z-wave network by placing Z-wave plus dimmers both in the garage and the wall in my house closest to my garage. I then set a manual route for my garage dimmer to make sure it always hops through to the dimmer closest to it in my house, this helps ensure consistent communication and minimal to none dropped packets.

But just to reiterate, inside my house I have dozens of Z-wave nodes of every type (locks, dimmers, battery powered, etc) and have never had to optimize in more than a decade of operation.

Comment

Thanks for that. I just backed everthing up and tried again without optimising. V4.0.0.0 Beta is working with Minimotes. I will feedback to Support, as I can't help thinking that my Minmotes are one step away from oblivion with V4.0.0.0 Beta. Why does optimising ONLY stop Minimotes working ? If Support can't answer that then I think the days of Minimote control are numbered
                      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

I loaded the 4.0.1.0 beta but didn't see release notes. Can someone point me to those please? If not, any idea what's fixed/added in 4.0.1.0?

thx

Comment

I installed Z-Wave 4.0.0.0 beta plug in and immediately did a full optimisation to check. Now my Minimotes don't work, and there is no easy way to turn off the plug in and revert without using a restore point. Nothing shows in the log when I press a Minimote button.
                          19216811.bid
                          panorama charter com

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                            Lots of different feedback posts here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ve-ui-homeseer

I just need the PluginFunction to work properly when trying to update LED light status colors on WX-200/300 switches...
                            I had some problems setting the LED switches in my WX 200/300 switches/dimmers with the 3.X version of the plugin and version 4.X fixed those issues.....

I think it may have printed some more verbose errors/warnings that may have let me to remove a bad node?
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I have two WX300's in service and about 20 WD200 in service. Until recently, I never had an errant light come on. Now a random light will come on on SOME of the WX devices and won't go off without being cleared. I have not been able to find a log entry for these errant indicator lights. The interesting thing to me is that I have never even tried to use the new 4.X Z-Wave Plug-in. Still on 3.0.10.0

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
                                I loaded the 4.0.1.0 beta but didn't see release notes. Can someone point me to those please? If not, any idea what's fixed/added in 4.0.1.0?

thx
                                Link to forum topic:
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-release-notes

4.0.1.0 release notes:
                                https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...E+4.0.1.0+Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X