Power monitor/ cost calculator in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power monitor/ cost calculator in HS4

In my previous HA software before I switched to HS4 you could monitor power consumption and cost by entering the cost per kilowatt/hr and then tracking the run duration of devices knowing their power consumption by load, to calculate cost. Any way to do this with HS4?

Under setup, general, scroll down to Energy settings. Click Enable and enter your kwh cost. Then go to the Energy tab under Tools.

Comment

Let me know if you get this working somewhat accurately. I have a whole house power monitor, but only display the current usage. I'd like to calculate cost as well.
      HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
      72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
      Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
      Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
        Under setup, general, scroll down to Energy settings. Click Enable and enter your kwh cost. Then go to the Energy tab under Tools.
        Did all of that but under select devices, none show up. I would like to monitor my two pool pumps by their runtime and knowing the kwh cost and their kwh load per hour.

Comment

Do your devices have a feature of kw hours or something similar? If they can measure usage, the devices should have features of watts, amperage and kwh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
            Do your devices have a feature of kw hours or something similar? If they can measure usage, the devices should have features of watts, amperage and kwh.
            No. These are just dumb on/off devices. My old system would just do the math and graph usage cost by cost per kwh and load, kwh used by the pump and the hours it ran.

Comment

Working...
            X