S2 and the Beta 4.0.0.0 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2 and the Beta 4.0.0.0 Plugin

A few years ago, I rebuilt my entire system with the ZWAVE plugin that supported S2. Per support, I ended up having to rebuild it all from scratch since it was unstable and because you had to delete S2 devices to revert back. (I was not pleased).

When 4.0.0.0 boots it appears to load support for S2 natively in the log. Is anybody successfully running S2 on the Beta plugin?...I know it's early, but I have devices to add. Once I deleted any event that called for a z-wave action to my Schlage locks, I have been stable on v4 (I know there are some issues). I probably should revert back, but may just stick it out...and wondering if S2 actually works now.

S2 should be stable in the V4 plugin, but we have not tested it with that many S2 devices, so feedback is welcome. You can still go into the advanced menu and add the device without S2 if you want.

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    A few years ago, I rebuilt my entire system with the ZWAVE plugin that supported S2. Per support, I ended up having to rebuild it all from scratch since it was unstable and because you had to delete S2 devices to revert back. (I was not pleased).

When 4.0.0.0 boots it appears to load support for S2 natively in the log. Is anybody successfully running S2 on the Beta plugin?...I know it's early, but I have devices to add. Once I deleted any event that called for a z-wave action to my Schlage locks, I have been stable on v4 (I know there are some issues). I probably should revert back, but may just stick it out...and wondering if S2 actually works now.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I have a mixture of Z-Wave devices and some were added with S2 enabled and had issues. So Far with 4.0.0 they have returned to stable, no weird stuff after a HS restart. Time will tell

Comment

Horse...thx. I've now loaded 1 S2 device. A Zooz Tilt/Vibration sensor. I've never run one non-S2. The tilt seems to work fine. That should mean it's working. However, I've hit it pretty hard and never triggered any sort of vibration alert. I have to a least for now assume it's the device...not S2.

Comment

Working...
        X