What’s the best app these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the best app these days?

What’s the best app that works with HS these days? HomeSeer’s is definitely not it. There’s a reason why it only has 2.6 stars on the App Store... I’m still using ImperiHome, but I’m not even sure if I can install it again once I upgrade my iPhone. Is there anything similar to it or better?

hsbuddy

Comment

+1 hsbuddy

Comment

+1 HSBuddy

Comment

Z Home Plus. I prefer ZHP for home control due to it's performance and the ability to easily create it's own custom scenes. It is very simple to navigate, configure, backup and restore from icould and transfer profiles or restore on other devices. The geofence can use defined ZHP Custom when leaving/entering fences.

The caveat is it only available for Apple devices and extremely happy to pay for ZHP as a single purchase can be installed on iPhones, iPad and Mac OS. I setup the different profile on the Mac, then load them to the family devices as required. It is fully supported with ongoing development, fixes and enhancements by lakehawk

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
            What’s the best app that works with HS these days? HomeSeer’s is definitely not it. There’s a reason why it only has 2.6 stars on the App Store... I’m still using ImperiHome, but I’m not even sure if I can install it again once I upgrade my iPhone. Is there anything similar to it or better?
            You won't be able to use Imperihome once you upgrade as it will not be able to authenticate the license. It is long longer available in the App Store either.

Comment

Hsbuddy for sure.

Very easy to customize
              Backups to/restore from server is great feature for setting up multiple devices.
              Nfc tags are great
              Actionable push notifications.

It has a few quirks but overall I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke
                For those of you using HSBuddy, what is better about it than Homeseer? Jumper4000 Homeseer is 3.7 stars in the Google app store.
                Geofences for me, plus push notifications. The geofencing with our android phones is spot on. It takes work to customize a dashboard. I use both HSbuddy and HSMobile for different purposes.

Comment

I don't find customizing dashboards that difficult of a process once you get it down. It definately depends how involved you want to get, but it's pretty quick to make something functional and looks half decent.

Comment

Another +1 for HSBuddy. As mentioned, geofence capabilities are a very welcome addition (especially since sirmeili disappeared and Life360 plugin is dead). I also really like the customizable nature of push notifications - you can add buttons in HS as part of sending the notification that run events or control devices, etc. And the dashboard management is nice since I can create and share them with my family. The app shortcut capability is cool, too - from the icon on my home screen I can control the more urgent functions (like disarming the alarm) without even opening the app!

Comment

love the geofencing. I don't use the dashboards, have my own web page I developed

Comment

+1 zHome Plus

Comment

wow I just use HST for it.. i did use HSBuddy a while back but man, it seems like so many new things are added and I may need to look into it.
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                            +1 zHome Plus
                            zHome Plus V6.0 was released yesterday with zHome Watch app included.

The release enables ZHP Custom Scenes, not to be confused with Homeseer Scenes, to be used on your watch. Homeseer Scenes can be executed but not on the watch.

[mention]lakehawk [/mention] indicated on his release that more watch enhancements coming in future release.

Comment

I have did a quick live overview of ZHome Plus 6 and some of the new features.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cEBdp8TvOc

Comment

Working...
                              X