Eveready Ultimate Lithium & Schlage Lock Oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eveready Ultimate Lithium & Schlage Lock Oddity

I have a couple of Schlage Locks, and have been happily using the Eveready Ultimate Lithium AA batteries in them which were lasting about 6 months. I buy the batteries in cartons of 4, 48 total in package. One lock stopped responding only a few weeks after putting in the batteries, so I put in another set, and same thing happened. I presumed the lock was at fault, but a replacement lock did the same thing. So I started testing the batteries with an old-fashioned tester. Out of the four batteries, three pegged the meter as "good", but one was stone cold dead - all four came out of the same carton. I've had three such deaders while the other three batteries of the four were still good. Interested to find out if anyone else has seen similar behavior from these batteries. I first started using them for my Ambient Weather station per their recommendation and when they work, they work well. So if your HS says a device's batteries are 0%, might be good to test them all before replacing them all, could just be one bad apple in the bunch.

It seems with the lithium batteries they stay at "full" for a long time and they'll just be done without any warning.

Comment

Working...
    X