X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by Thedude View Post
    How easy or how difficult it is to migrate fairly large HS4 system (1000+ devices and 500+ events) with multiple plug-ins from Windows 10 to Respberry Pi 4 ( 8 Gb of memory plus 256 GB of flash) I'm sick of Microsoft.
    I would not do that in case you have a busy system. I tried in the past but the CPU load was to high.

--
    John

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I wouldn't do that.

I would migrate to an Intel based mini computer running any flavor of Linux you choose using a solid state drive of your choosing way better than running the OS on an SD Card.

I am test running HS4 on a Jetway JBC420U591 Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb computer and lately on a refurbished Lenova Tiny M93A 16 Gb / SSD drive picked up for less than $100 and maybe testing it on a Lenova Tiny M9000 ....

Linux never fails, no BSOD's, no Windows 10 fluff.

It should be easy to migrate.

That said I find Windows server 2016 standard (no fluff all meat) far better to run HS4 on than Windows 10 Pro. That is me.

Leave a comment:

• Thedude
    started a topic Migrate from Windows 10 to Linux Raspberry Pi

Migrate from Windows 10 to Linux Raspberry Pi

How easy or how difficult it is to migrate fairly large HS4 system (1000+ devices and 500+ events) with multiple plug-ins from Windows 10 to Respberry Pi 4 ( 8 Gb of memory plus 256 GB of flash) I'm sick of Microsoft.
Working...
X