How to purge Alexa app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to purge Alexa app?

Hey guys, curious if anyone has had to totally purge the Alaxa app and then re-populate it?

I had my HS3 Pro PC die on updates again and decided to switch over to a Pi and start up HS4. So far so good, I just can't get the Aleza app working because of all the duplicate devices and crap from both systems. I was thinking of restoring HS3 to just remove those devices and the same with HS4 and see it be blank and then start over. I am not sure if that is possible though because of myHS, I am on the free sub.

Has anyone had to do this?
    -Skybolt

Hello,
    Yes I do this a lot. I log into https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards and then select SmartHome > Devices. I then slide to the bottom and select Remove All, then Discover to discover the current set of devices in HS4.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Greg, thank you! Will give this a go.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Oh man was that easy. THANK YOU!
        -Skybolt

Comment

Some of my insteon switchs are not showing up in the Alexa app. Yes, I have discovery checked in HS.

I have tried disabling the plug-in & resetting the homeseer skill.

Comment

Make sure the controls on the features of the device have a control use set. (status graphics area of the feature)
            The discovery process uses them to describe the device to the echo.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Bringing back this old question.

Is there a new way of resetting the Alexa devices now, since they took the above page away?

I get set/reset voice, but there WAS an easier way.

Thanks

-Skybolt

Comment

Working...
              X