Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually added camera recording

Good afternoon-

I have two Amcrest IP4M-1026EW cameras. They were not automatically discovered so I manually added. I can see in Live view and see a snapshot every two seconds. However when I click record, they appear not to be recording. At least the recordings are nowhere to be found, locally or myHS (cloud access selected on one). Also when I try to create an event the camera drop down is blank with neither camera as an option.

Hello,
    When in Live view, you click on the camera icon a note should popup stating that a 10 second video is being captured. After 10-12 seconds you should be able to click on the Recordings link to see the previously captured video. What version of HS4 and what OS are you running HS4 on?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi! I tried that on each several times, the last try several hours ago. The recordings never showed up under "recordings."

Comment

I'm having this same issue. I can see the "live" camera image in HomeSeer (latest released version of HS4 on Windows), but I can't get anything to record (either manually via HomeSeer or via an event trigger (10 second recording option). The camera's name does show up as an option on the event.

When I trigger the event manually the log is showing:

Could not record from camera with ID (id deleted for privacy). Maybe camera is not yet discovered?

A snapshot of my camera setup is shown below. Click image for larger version  Name:	CameraConfig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	1579633
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I am having the exact same issue, did you ever find a solution to this ?

Comment

Question. My camera is recording 10 second clips when triggered just fine and I am able to see the history thumbnails under recordings. I am able to select them and the viewer window below starts but immediately stops and will not view the 10 second clip. No error either. Same thing happens on any of the clips for any selected day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	1620032​​

The clips play fine using my VLC player directly from the html/capture folder.

Anyone else see this same behavior? I have tried using Chrome or Edge on HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.18.21 (Windows)

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
              Question. My camera is recording 10 second clips when triggered just fine and I am able to see the history thumbnails under recordings. I am able to select them and the viewer window below starts but immediately stops and will not view the 10 second clip. No error either. Same thing happens on any of the clips for any selected day.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	1620032​​

The clips play fine using my VLC player directly from the html/capture folder.

Anyone else see this same behavior? I have tried using Chrome or Edge on HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.18.21 (Windows)
              Does this work ok for others so I know the issue is on my end so I can start ripping things apart?

Comment

Working...
              X