Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Lighting Plugin Search

Hello,
    I am in the middle of completely gutting my landscape and starting from scratch. I am considering the lighting and thinking about the FX Luminaries Lux-300-M controller which has Wi-Fi capabilities.

Then I was wondering if anyone has a plug-in for that controller? it would be cool to have control over the zwave system.

Here went to using 12 guage wire in zones with runs past 300 feet then a transition from Incandescent to LED. Initially had 3 300 Watt multiple zone toroidal AC transformers controlled by X10 high amperage switches in zones. I then went to using high end multiple DIN mounted 12VDC transformers with automation provided by UPB relays. No dimming nor colors and it was more than 50 LED lamps. Today can convert over to 2 wire dimming LED lamps per zone outside. RGB 2 wire is just the controller and the LED lamps.

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by willyv1004 View Post
      Hello,
      I am in the middle of completely gutting my landscape and starting from scratch. I am considering the lighting and thinking about the FX Luminaries Lux-300-M controller which has Wi-Fi capabilities.

Then I was wondering if anyone has a plug-in for that controller? it would be cool to have control over the zwave system.
      Good timing. I was just looking at one of these to add to my existing system. I've emailed support regarding an API but haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping it's a simple API that can be implemented in scripts or using Node-RED. Unfortunately, from looking at their website, it appears to be cloud based, so unless they have local control, it will be out for me.

Like Pete , my current system is zoned using relays fed by a pair of 300W transformers. They are LED, but not color.

EDIT: Leave it to someone over at home assistant to get something going.

https://community.home-assistant.io/...gration/173350
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

What are you looking for in landscape control beyond timed control of lighting zone such as is used for an irrigation controller? For dynamic control then WLED as a direct controller or as a front end to DMX is a cost-effective solution that already has the Home Automation integration.

Comment

I got a quote today on a system based on FX Luminaire and it's just too costly for my budget. I'll be sticking with the relay controlled zones with bulk transformers.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Well after almost a year I finally found a working integration albeit I had to purchase a habitat controller but it is working as expected.
            Being that it's a small form factor and all connections are http, I just hid it in my server room so it is out of the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FX Lighting on HS4.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1619435

Comment

I recently redid my landscape lighting. ran new 12-2 wire and replaced my fixtures. The fixtures I choose use replacable MR16 bulbs. I wanted RGBW zone lighting so I went with MiLight bulbs (MiLight FUT104). There is some integration with homeseer available but it is what I would consider cludgy. The current MiLight controller is WL-Box1 (miboxer). The homeseer plugin for MiLight is not compatible with WL-Box1 however WL-Box1 is compatible with Tuya. Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken you cannot include new bulbs using the Tuya app so you must first include your bulbs using the MiBoxer app. WL-Box1 and MiBoxer can control 8 zones, but it appears that the Tuya app treats them all as a single zone. If you want to control the MiLight bulbs using homeseer/tuya and have multiple zones you'd need to use a separate WL-Box1 for each zone. The other downside to MiLight is that it's a one way protocol; you can't poll the lights to determine their state.
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

jmaddox what kind of housing did you use for those lightbulbs? I also just added more light on the side of the house. I did go with simple Hampton light with shepherd hook and warm light. Now I wonder if I could replace the LEDs. I probably wouldn't do it but now I am curious.

Comment

mulu I started with some inexpensive RGB led's that were all in one units. They would only last a year or two before I had to replace them. One of the failure points was an integrated LED. This and the fact that I wanted the flexibility to replace bulbs if technology changed or if I wanted to revert to non smart fixtures.

So far I'm very happy with the new fixtures, but the real test of time is longevity.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/led-...s-Fixture~Only

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

Comment

jmaddox Got it. I have those for the side https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are a bit small but they didn't have the larger ones with the flower pattern anymore that I have for the front. It looks like the ones you have are designed for custom bulbs.

Comment

mulu I dislike custom products. if something is only available from one manufacture you're liable to turn around and find it off the market. I don't think MR16 bulbs are custom items; I found a lot of MR16 bulbs from different manufactures when I researched these fixtures. my local big box store carries MR16 bulbs. having a replaceable bulb I could easilly obtain was important to me. now if you want a smart MR16 bulb, you're stuck with MiLight, or a wifi version; thats certainly a bit more limited.

Comment

jmaddox I kind of agree with you. In my case I needed lights that illuminate walkways (so not the spotlights in your link) and I was pretty particular about the design (bronze, shepherd hook, some light pattern) to match with the rest of the house. I know those 50k hours for LEDs are a joke so I buy a few more fixtures and replace a broken one. Then when they start failing to often I will just replace the whole set. I wish there was another solution where you can just replace the LED for these kind of fixtures, hence my question. But you seem to 'just' use spotlights.

Comment

Working...
                        X