No announcement yet.

Honeywell Zwave Thermostat TH6320ZW2003 T6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 of them in a weekend/vacation house. Not sure if you got the answer on the programming the thermostat and control via zwave. But, the manual says that once you include it in a zwave network, the local (direct thermostat) programming is not functional. All control is via zwave - or manual settings. So you can change things like temperature via the tstat keypad directly. But you cannot program the tstat to do anything, like lower the temp at night. That needs to be done by your Homeseer.

Very happy with them.

Comment

Thanks Bob, yes I read that. Easy enough to program with Homeseer. I just Install one and programmed it. Love it so far.

Comment

Has anyone gotten repeated Humidity readings? I just installed 2 units and it seems that the humidity sensor is insanely sensitive and is reporting changes every time it goes up or down -- about every 30 seconds. Anyone know how I can change this or stop it? Resideo support said to give it 24 hours to adjust, but it doesn't look like it's getting any better. See below
        Click image for larger version

Name:	HumidityCapture.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1560710

Comment

Airtog I have other devices that want to constantly report. If not needed or not interested I simply check the Do Not Log option under features.

Comment

I have the T6 Pro's Humidity set to Do Not Log in its HS3 configuration. I unchecked that now and see humidity ready changing frequently in the HS3 log.
            It's been installed since beginning of this year.
            I didn't see any settings for Humidity in T6 Pro's Install Instructions: Installer setup (ISU) / Advanced setup options (ISU).

Code:
            Aug-05 1:23:33 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 35 (%)
            Aug-05 1:21:32 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 36 (%)
            Aug-05 1:21:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 37 (%)
            Aug-05 1:20:32 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 36 (%)
            Aug-05 1:20:10 PM Z-Wave Device: Thermostat Upstairs Hall Operating State T-stat - T6 Pro Set to Operating State 2
            Aug-05 1:18:52 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 37 (%)
            Aug-05 1:17:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 38 (%)
            Aug-05 1:17:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 38 (%)
            Aug-05 1:16:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 39 (%)
            Aug-05 1:12:52 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 40 (%)
            Aug-05 1:12:11 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 45 (%)
            Aug-05 1:12:10 PM Z-Wave Device: Thermostat Upstairs Hall Operating State T-stat - T6 Pro Set to Operating State 0
            Aug-05 1:11:31 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 44 (%)
            Aug-05 1:11:11 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 43 (%)
            Aug-05 1:10:51 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 42 (%)
            Aug-05 1:10:31 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 41 (%)
            Aug-05 1:10:11 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 39 (%)
            Aug-05 1:09:51 PM Z-Wave Device: Humidity Upstairs Hall T-stat - T6 Pro - RH% Set to 37 (%)

Comment

Airtog ,

Humidity Reports can be configured by ISU 1426. See page 19 of the manual.

The manual is available here for download.

It almost looks like the thermostat may be in an airstream from a nearby diffuser or possibly near a bathroom shower by the way the humidity is changing so quickly.

Be safe,

Roger D

Comment

Thanks Roger --
                My manual and thermostat only goes to 1425 - Humidity Offset. An option for 1426 - Humidity gradients isn't offered. There must be several variations of this model out there.
                A Zwave alliance certification report is attached -- but it too isn't listing a Humidity Sensitivity option.

Do you know how I could set that 1426 code using the ZWave UI w/in HS4?

Also, both thermostats are not directly near HVAC registers.

I'll call Resideo again Monday to see what's up.

Log reporting can be turned off and that's fine. What I'm concerned about is if it's creating a lot of zwave traffic that could be bogging down the entire zwave network.

More to come --
                Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

HONEYWELL 6320 ZW USERS BEWARE:
                  I just got off the phone with Honeywell and they reported that YES -- the TH6230ZW2003 does have a glitch in that it's RELATIVE HUMIDITY (and temperature) is very sensitive and unless you have a humidifier configured with the system, there's no way to control that sensitivity. There is a setting ID#1426 that sets the relative humidity sensitivity -- but it's not available unless you have the humidifier also connected. I haven't tried lying to the thermostat and telling it that it has a humidifier even though it doesn't. But, perhaps it will be a work-around that Honeywell will come back with.

I have a ticket opened: HONEYWELL
                  FIRMWARE: 01-04-05-00
                  ZW FIRMWARE: 01-03-00-00-00
                  TICKET NUMBER: 09136695 entered on 8/8/2022 (They said they would get back to me within a week?!)
                  TELE SUPPORT#: 800-468-1502

While logging can be turned off to keep the clutter down within the logs, I believe it's still producing a lot of unnecessary zwave network chatter -- that slows down the zwave network - especially when you have 3 thermostats reporting humidity changes every few seconds. It's a real concern for me. Hoping that someone who knows a lot more about zwave will correct me with advice that since reporting is turned off for humidity, it won't generate the network traffic....... thoughts anyone?

Comment

Airtog,

How are you supposed to configure the T6 to control your humidifier? I must have missed that parameter.

Roger D

Edit:
                    Just went back through the manual.

"The T6 Pro Z-Wave Programmable Thermostat is a Z-Wave Plus certified thermostat capable of controlling up to three heat and two cool stages of heat pump, (incl. dual fuel heat pump systems) and up to two heat and two cool stages of conventional system (3H/2C HP, 2H/2C Conv.) It also measures, displays and reports % indoor relative humidity; however, this model does not control humidification equipment."

Comment

Quite interesting. During the set-up process, it asks if there is Humidification equipment attached. Of course, answered no. I believe if I had answered yes, it would have enabled parameter 1426 for Humidity sensor adjustment. This is what Honewell said. But, I'm reluctant to say yes until Honeywell gets back to me.

In a call late yesterday, Honeywell will support a warranty claim if I hire a Honeywell certified contractor to perform service work at my expense - including removal and re-installation of a new unit if that's what's required. You can only imagine my response and have escalated the issue within their management chain.
                      Have submitted all requested receipts and documentation (including voltages being received at each thermostat (23.7 - 25.7). We'll see now what they will do.
                      Clearly -- there's something not quite right and I'm hoping they have a simple work-around such as enabling the humidifier option to control sensitivity.
                      Take a look at the PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS MANUAL
                      Programmable Thermostat
                      TH6320ZW2003
                      TH6320ZW2007 (with SmartStart)
                      Professional Install
                      Guide.

This thermostat may be configured to report the actual room temperature in
                      a higher resolution than can be shown on the thermostat display. The default
                      temperature reporting resolution will be 1 °F or 1 °C. To change default temperature
                      reporting to a higher resolution, go to thermostat MENU/Z-WAVE SETUP/TEMP
                      REPORT. The temperature is reported by every displayed value change, and no later
                      than 2 hours from last report. The thermostat can be configured to report changes
                      in temperature less frequently. This is recommended to increase battery life when
                      the thermostat does not use a common wire (C wire). Available setting range is
                      0.5 °- 5 °F (0.5 ° - 3 °C).
                      NOTE: When higher temperature resolution reporting is set, you may experience
                      different resolution of temperature displayed on the thermostat and Z-Wave
                      controller.
                      Humidity Reporting
                      The thermostat can be configured to report changes in humidity less frequently.
                      This is recommended to increase battery life when the thermostat does not use a
                      common wire (C wire). Available setting range is 1% RH 5% RH (default 1% RH). To
                      access this setting, go to thermostat MENU/Z WAVE SETUP/HUM REPORT.

TABLE 5 -

1426 Z-Wave Humidity
                      Resolution
                      1% to 5% (in 1% increments) The minimum change in the displayed humidity reading required to prompt a Humidity Report to the controller

When i go to installer advanced set-up, it doesn't give me the 1426 option apparently because i have to humidifier installed -- (yep -- scratch your head like me).

I'd attach the manual, but it's 10meg -- larger than what can be posted here.

Comment

For what it's worth, it might be a version issue. My two house T6's running twin Trane Heat pumps are Firmware Vers 1-04-09 and the Zwave Setup has a Humidity Report setting. My other two (another Trane and a PTAC), are versions 1-04-03 & 1-04-05 and they do not have a Zwave Setup -> Humidity Report setting.

Neither of the two 1-04-09 stats (the ones WITH Zwave Humidity report) have a 1426 setting, but I would have said no to any Humidifier question, so it's not surprising it's not shown. Anyone want to do a reset on their stat
                        hat said, I DO have the zwave Humidity report setting available without the 1426 setting so I don't think that's affecting the Humidity report (at least for this version, they many have tied it to the 1426 setting previously)

Not being a Wifi stat, the firmware isn't updateable that way and I don't see a HS Zwave firmware update option on the root device. Also don't see any firmware downloads for the T6 online.

Comment

Just got one of these thermostats, looks like a great thing. I'm relatively new to Homeseer, just jumped the Insteon ship when they went down earlier this year, but I was with Insteon (and X10 before that) for decades so not new to home automation.

I bought the Honeywell with the intention of having it somehow be aware of an HS-FS100 sensor I have in our bedroom. In theory, the idea would be to have it control the HVAC system based on the readings from that sensor, not from the readings on the thermostat itself. I don't care if it's 70 in the hallway downstairs, what I care about is the temp in the bedroom.

We have a somewhat poorly laid out HVAC system, the thermostat position is near a door, which means it is often tricked if the door is left open, leading the thermostat to think it's warmer or cooler in the house than it is everywhere but right there.

I'm not quite sure how I can do that, though. I can see how I can set up an event to include the temp sensor to trigger the thermostat's set point to a different value - say "if the remote sensor says it's below 72 set thermostat heat setpoint to 72" but once the setpoint is established I can't see how I can get the thermostat to simply use the remote temp sensor's reading to determine whether the heating should be on or off.

In other words, "when remote sensor reaches 72, turn heat off, when remote sensor drops below 72, turn heat on." It seems like it's always going to use the built-in reading for that.

Any idea how I would get it to use the remote sensor as it's source for temperature readings to determine whether the heat is on?

Thanks,

Todd

Comment

Here recently purchased same Honeywell Zwave Thermostat TH6320ZW2003 T6. It's still in the box and I will be installing it next week sometime in house 2.

Can't tell from the box what version of firmware is running on the thermostat.

I have been using the Ring Alarm / Doorbell configuration in house Forum and purchased it on suggested Ring devices thermostats list. Light switches / fanlight switches / temperature sensors are currently all running Tasmota and managed via MQTT.

For transport and management of the Ring system here I am using a Ring to MQTT bridge.

The ring-mqtt project acts as a bridge to allow Ring alarm, camera, and smart lighting devices to be monitored and controlled via simple MQTT messages thus enabling integration with any automation tool that can leverage the open standards based MQTT protocol. Recent versions also support video streaming by providing an RTSP gateway service that allows any media client supporting the RTSP protocol to connect to a Ring camera live stream or to play back recorded events (Ring Protect subscription required for event recording playback). Please review the full list of supported devices and features for more information on current capabilities.

Currently will be using Homeseer and Home Assistant to manage the Ring Alarm / Doorbell / thermostat. I have been using this plugin since initially offered and it works great.

Not sure what I will see on the humidity levels via MQTT yet. I will next week. I am curious.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

tmaddison Look at the ISU 500 options (in the Setup Menu (Long press)). I looks like 520 will let you select which sensor to use.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by tmaddison View Post
                                Just got one of these thermostats, looks like a great thing. I'm relatively new to Homeseer, just jumped the Insteon ship when they went down earlier this year, but I was with Insteon (and X10 before that) for decades so not new to home automation.

I bought the Honeywell with the intention of having it somehow be aware of an HS-FS100 sensor I have in our bedroom. In theory, the idea would be to have it control the HVAC system based on the readings from that sensor, not from the readings on the thermostat itself. I don't care if it's 70 in the hallway downstairs, what I care about is the temp in the bedroom.

We have a somewhat poorly laid out HVAC system, the thermostat position is near a door, which means it is often tricked if the door is left open, leading the thermostat to think it's warmer or cooler in the house than it is everywhere but right there.

I'm not quite sure how I can do that, though. I can see how I can set up an event to include the temp sensor to trigger the thermostat's set point to a different value - say "if the remote sensor says it's below 72 set thermostat heat setpoint to 72" but once the setpoint is established I can't see how I can get the thermostat to simply use the remote temp sensor's reading to determine whether the heating should be on or off.

In other words, "when remote sensor reaches 72, turn heat off, when remote sensor drops below 72, turn heat on." It seems like it's always going to use the built-in reading for that.

Any idea how I would get it to use the remote sensor as it's source for temperature readings to determine whether the heat is on?

Thanks,

Todd
                                HS4 can use any sensor to control the TStat via an event. Here's a simple example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tstat Control.png
Views:	313
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1562401

Comment

Working...
                                X