Honeywell Zwave Thermostat TH6320ZW2003 T6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Zwave Thermostat TH6320ZW2003 T6

Thinking about getting the Honeywell Zwave Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 (not wifi) thermostat and wondering if anyone has used one and / or has any advice?
    Specific questions include: Do you need any special Homeseer plug-ins (besides zwave +) to enable? What controls / options are available within Homeseer for this thermostat (i.e. schedules / temporary controls / alexa / google integration etc). Is it reliable or are there issues? Finding very little if any documentation anywhere on this unit. Thanks !!

I have a different Honeywell (wifi) with plug-in that works perfectly. My more important point is to make sure you have a "C" wire. I had to run a C wire from my central AC handler down to both old type thermostats before I could utilize a newer smart t'stat.

Some of the smart thermostats have battery power that takes the place of the "C" wire but nothing like having a C wire

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post
      Thinking about getting the Honeywell Zwave Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 (not wifi) thermostat and wondering if anyone has used one and / or has any advice?
      Specific questions include: Do you need any special Homeseer plug-ins (besides zwave +) to enable? What controls / options are available within Homeseer for this thermostat (i.e. schedules / temporary controls / alexa / google integration etc). Is it reliable or are there issues? Finding very little if any documentation anywhere on this unit. Thanks !!
      I have two of these: one for my house A/C and the other is controlling my garage mini-split unit.

Are they reliable? Absolutely.
      It includes in HS3/HS4 easily and gives you these controls:

Click image for larger version  Name:	TStat Devices.png Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	1559160

The above features can be controlled using the UI, but I use HSTouch and events to do that.

The online manual can be found here: https://www.honeywellhome.com/us/en/...003-u/#support

Comment

Same here. I've been running my Honeywell via Z-wave and no plugin for about 6 months now. The only thing I ever tell Alexa to do is to change the temperature and that's about it. Once "included" I've never encountered any issues or failures.

Comment

Thanks all -- your responses certainly helped my decision.

Comment

Question: If I set up a Thermostat schedule within the thermostat before including in the Zwave network, will the Thermostat Schedule still apply or will I have to use Event programming? In other words, can I use the Thermostat programming as default and use HS for adjustments when needed? i.e. tell alexa to adjust the temp setting etc when desired or have specific events defined that will adjust automatically - otherwise run the thermostat schedule? I'd I've read the manual (thanks for the link) and it's not real clear.

Comment

Yes, you can use the TStat's schedule and use Alexa to set a temporary setpoint.

I can say "Alexa, set thermostat to 75", and it will do it.

At least I recall it going back to its scheduled setpoint when the clock hits the right time. I created my own setpoint scheduling a while back, and now HS4 handles setpoint changes for me instead of the TStat.

Alexa still does its thing either way.

Comment

Thanks all for the responses. One last question -- I'll assume that when using HS events to control the t-stat, you could use any sensor in the house to adjust the t-stat set point in addition to the t-stat's own sensor. I.e. If the t-stat is in the dining room, I could use an HSM200 temperature sensor in the family room to raise or lower the set-point as kind of an over ride? Sounds like it makes sense, but you never know with these things.... thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post
                  Thanks all for the responses. One last question -- I'll assume that when using HS events to control the t-stat, you could use any sensor in the house to adjust the t-stat set point in addition to the t-stat's own sensor. I.e. If the t-stat is in the dining room, I could use an HSM200 temperature sensor in the family room to raise or lower the set-point as kind of an over ride? Sounds like it makes sense, but you never know with these things.... thanks again!
                  That's exactly right - the TStat only knows it's receiving a command to do something from an event.

The event trigger could be a temperature change from a sensor, motion detection, or even if someone changes the TV to a horror network (maybe colder temps during scary movies is how you roll...).

Comment

Great answer !! Thanks -- could get really creative with the TV events and desired "mood"!!!!

Comment

I just picked up one to get rid of my nest. Is there a way to create an event to raise or lower the temperature a degree? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rmuziani View Post
                        I just picked up one to get rid of my nest. Is there a way to create an event to raise or lower the temperature a degree? Thanks.
                        As far as I can tell, HS3/4 doesn't provide a way to increment/decrement a TStat setpoint via events - it only allows you to pick a specific temperature.

I do incremental changes through HSTouch and scripts, but if you want to do it via an event, this is what I had come up with.

First, you will need the EasyTrigger plug-in to make this work. Then you need to create a virtual device to hold a temporary set point.

An Event that looks like this will increment the heat setpoint by 1 degree:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Setpoint Change Event.png
Views:	422
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1560110
                        You will need a similar event to decrement the heat setpoint, and two additional events to increment/decrement the cool setpoints.

It's the only answer I came up with and seems like a lot of work, so maybe someone else has with a simpler method.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

As far as I can tell, HS3/4 doesn't provide a way to increment/decrement a TStat setpoint via events - it only allows you to pick a specific temperature.

I do incremental changes through HSTouch and scripts, but if you want to do it via an event, this is what I had come up with.

First, you will need the EasyTrigger plug-in to make this work. Then you need to create a virtual device to hold a temporary set point.

An Event that looks like this will increment the heat setpoint by 1 degree:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Setpoint Change Event.png Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	1560110
                          You will need a similar event to decrement the heat setpoint, and two additional events to increment/decrement the cool setpoints.

It's the only answer I came up with and seems like a lot of work, so maybe someone else has with a simpler method.

You should be able to eliminate the extra virtual device by using ET Set Device to Expression.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	1560113
                          I just tested this and it works. 2198 is the dev ref for the LR Tstat Cool Setpoint.
                          -Wade

Comment

I appreciate the help guys. Thanks. I'll let you know how I do.

Comment

That works well. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X