Conditional Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional Dates

Seems so common, but I'm surprised I can't find a quick answer. How do I make an event fire between May 15 and July 15 every year? I assumed it was an "after this date any year" statement while adding "and if before this date any year", but the second statement doesn't provide an "any year" option...it only accepts a hard date of July 15, 2022.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

I do this with a virtual device state as a condition. Create an event that fires on May 15th any year and turns on a virtual device. Create a second event that turns it off on July 15th any year. Use the virtual device status as a condition in the event you want to fire between the two dates.

Comment

This is easy to do, I use the following in my group condition for all my holiday lighting events:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1559583

Comment

Group Condition. I wouldn't have thought of that since I never use group conditions. The few times I've set them up, I forget about them, and spend a bunch of time troubleshooting when I can't figure out why an event in that group doesn't work as expected.

Comment

I hear ya Ken, in the latest versions of HS4 Rich did some improvements so we don't forget, the Condition feature for the Group is now highlighted if you have something set. And utilize the Note feature to write yourself reminders of how everything works I used to keep a separate doc for making notes, but now there are Note fields for Events, Devices, etc.

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1559591

Comment

I just tried what you described. After picking a date on the calendar, the event refreshes and I can see the "Any Month", "Any Date", "Any Year" boxes. Maybe delete the condition or event if they've become corrupted.

Name:	Capture 72822.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1559593

Comment

I use these to set the color of my outside lights.
              The initial trigger is 'sunset' with two And IF's with the date day/month and any year
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas!
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
                2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
                300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
                6 CT-100 tstats
                Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
                18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Working...
                X