Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Include Schlage BE469ZP Locks - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Include Schlage BE469ZP Locks - Solved!

FIXED - SEE POST 4 BELOW. I’ve had issues with Homeseer since switching to HS4. In particular I have not been able to add these locks. Yesterday, I did a fresh HS4 install on a new Window machine and everything has gone perfect, until adding these buggers. The system is fast and I have had no issues adding any devices. I was even able to add an older Schlage lock (BE469NX). However, the BE469ZP - No go. The error message I get is, “ Warning: Node XX does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communication problem.” When I attempt to add them from the web ui I get a request for a DSK code, a five digit code that is on the manual but not on the lock (odd). This code request does not show up on the Z-Tool+ Mobile app. I have tried entering the DSK code, as requested, and it still fails. Later in the including process I get the following: “Error: Security S2 Key Exchange Failure , timeout or protocol error waiting for key to verify mode.” Sounds like there is something missing in the handshake. Not sure.

Steps I have taken:

Removed locks from from network before attempting to add
    Factory reset the locks before attempting to add
    Fresh batteries
    Positioned the locks an inch away from the smartstick+ when attempting to add
    Tried “Add Unsecure” from Z-Tool+
    Tried adding from Z-Tool and the Web UI (FYI, The web UI asks for th DSK code)

What else can I try? I really need these to work. Thanks!

Have you done the zwave "exclude" procedure on the lock itself? I believe setting it to Factory default does not do that.

Comment

Yes. I have excluded every time. I have also factory reset the locks. HS Support gave me a few things to try. Will post if successful. thanks.

Comment

OK, so switching Z-Wave plugins was the ultimate solution. I didn't realize the version I was using (4.0.3.0) was a beta. I was able to add the locks easily using 3.0.10.0. Hope this helps others.

From HS Support:

Which web browser are you using when you connect to HS4 to add your devices? We recommend using Chrome.

One test that sometimes fixes finicky locks is to run a removal on it, then remove the batteries from it and press buttons to drain any latent power. Next, re-insert the batteries and run another removal. With that complete, try adding it in.

If that still doesn't work, I recommend disabling the Z-Wave plugin from Plugins > Manage, then going to Plugins > Add and installing Z-Wave Legacy version 3.0.10.0 as version 4.0.3.0 is still in beta.

Comment

Originally posted by lodi View Post
          Positioned the locks an inch away from the smartstick+ when attempting to add
          One other random thought: One inch is actually too close. Having them that close together can overwhelm the receivers (its called desense), making the digital reception possibly garbled/corrupted. You might try getting them close, but no closer than about three feet.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

One other random thought: One inch is actually too close. Having them that close together can overwhelm the receivers (its called desense), making the digital reception possibly garbled/corrupted. You might try getting them close, but no closer than about three feet.
            I actually tried it at various distances. I put it very close based on another post I read, but for many of the attempts the devices were a couple feet apart. There is a very consistent issue with attempting to get the security class information from the lock. It will move on past this point but it posts the warning message I noted earlier. It never appears to get the info. Then when the DSK code is requested and entered it looks like a timeout occurs. It will complete the inclusion process, but with errors and HS does not recognize the device as a lock. I had to remove a bunch of bad nodes once I finally got things working.

In contrast, with the legacy Z-Wave plugin I sailed through adding six locks without an issue. The last two I left in place in my basement and they were included just fine, regardless of the distance. This was my experience with HS3. Really had no issues with locks or other devices. When I first started with HS4 I had a lot of latency and sluggishness issues. So much so that I didn’t mess with it for a couple of months until I got some time. I now wonder if those issues were also related to the 4.0.3.0 plugin, which is apparently a beta. I would be interested to know if others got one of these newer Schlage locks to work. I did have success with an older Schlage BE468 using the 4.x plugin but that seemed random. I had others of the same model that would not add.

Anyway, all is working so I’m back in business. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X