Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Home Assistant maybe to Homeseer 4 (pro).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Home Assistant maybe to Homeseer 4 (pro).

I'm in the Netherlands, I've had Home Assistant for the past few years, but something always goes wrong after a few weeks, so not really stable. You can set up almost anything with Home Assistant, a good example is the Sonoff stick with zigbee2mqtt, it will find everything at Zigbee level without many problems. So I myself have an Aeotec version 5 zwave stick and a Sonoff Zigbee stick. Programming in particular is a sinecure on HA. For example, a time clock for a marine aquarium 10 am on and 10 pm off is a hassle on HA. I know from long ago that this is a breeze on Homeseer (at least with zwave). The question is whether I can use this hardware (there is more because I also have brother printer ink level, router info and Plex etc but those things are not that important. Does HS4pro have the plugins for this configuration by default? (there is now also a action of 99 dollars.) Furthermore, I wonder if there is a difference in capacity with the linux and the windows version?

There are a handful of plugins that are windows only but most work for both windows and Linux. Unless you are planning on using hs touch, then there really is no reason to buy pro. Still have to buy any third party plugins. For your zigbee stuff since you are using zigbee2mqtt, the mcsmqtt plugin will work well for that, is free and well supported.

Comment

HS4 does have a native Zigbee plugin but it is not regularly updated. There are a number of people who use zigbee2mqtt + mcsMQTT plugin (free 3rd party plugin - very well supported) which would be your recommended route. Your Aeotec Zwave stick should work fine too.

Regarding the Brother Ink level, you should be able to use my SNMP Plugin, provided you can find the right OID! There are also a number of Plex solutions available.

With HS4/Pro, you get two licenses; one for Windows and another for Linux; both can be used at the same time.

The Windows version does support slightly more plugins than the Linux variant. There are also a small number of commands that do not work under Linux and VBScript is not supported. Nothing you cannot get around so take your choice.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

With HS4/Pro, you get two licenses; one for Windows and another for Linux; both can be used at the same time.

Did not know that, that might be a reason to buy it.

Comment

I'm (ofcourse) a hs4 pro user and i tried home assistent and it wasn't my thing.
          A lot of things that are easy in hs are not easy in ha, so i stick to hs4

For zigbee, have a look at the jowihue plugin, icm the conbee stick it works awesome with zigbee.
          And most (all?) hs3 plugins works also fine at hs4, so if you can't find anything om the hs4 plugins look for hs3 plugins.

everything is free to try for 30 days.

Comment

Mqtt iot + zigbee2mqtt work well here too.

Comment

Stay away from HS zigbee plugin. zigbee2mqtt or Jowihue both work great
              tenholde

Comment

I think he missed his opportunity. The HS4 Pro flash sale for $99 ended Friday ☹
                Jon

Comment

Yes, i had asked a few days ago when i got the sale mail for 99 dollar, at Homeseers office if my wishes (see above) should work but i never got an answer so i decided to arrange an Nuc (as i normally use a Mac) to put on the Homeseer trial, and first tried to install HS4 pro, no problem, then Zigbee2mqtt (standalone as there seems no plugin for HS) And tried it on powerwindow with npm start and yes that works, tried a INNR sp120 wall plug zigbee and yes Zigbee2mqtt find it. Too bad MCSMQTT only gives submenus but there is no device ( when using HomeAssistant i remember there was a MQTT user I saw no setup on MCSMQTT on Homeseer. As i got no answer from Homeseer i tried it first with the 1 month demo. Too bad the sale is over so now i must maybe wait for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by walberg View Post
                    Yes, i had asked a few days ago when i got the sale mail for 99 dollar, at Homeseers office if my wishes (see above) should work but i never got an answer so i decided to arrange an Nuc (as i normally use a Mac) to put on the Homeseer trial, and first tried to install HS4 pro, no problem, then Zigbee2mqtt (standalone as there seems no plugin for HS) And tried it on powerwindow with npm start and yes that works, tried a INNR sp120 wall plug zigbee and yes Zigbee2mqtt find it. Too bad MCSMQTT only gives submenus but there is no device ( when using HomeAssistant i remember there was a MQTT user I saw no setup on MCSMQTT on Homeseer. As i got no answer from Homeseer i tried it first with the 1 month demo. Too bad the sale is over so now i must maybe wait for a long time.
                    It depends on how you have mcsmqtt set up. You have to tell it to create the device in hs.

Comment

mcsMQTT is a very powerful and somewhat complex plugin. Most of your MQTT work will be done on the MQTT->Associations tab of the plugin. Put a checkmark next to "Include Received MQTT Topics" and then use the "Filter by Mqtt Topic and JSON Payload Key" to find the topics you are interested in. Put a checkmark in the "a" column for each topic you want to associate to an HS device and the plugin will create the HS device for you.
                      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by walberg View Post
                        Looks like HS4Pro is back on sale for $99 (ends tomorrow - CODE FLASHPRO)
                        Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X