Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to troubleshoot what "might" be a database or corrupt interface? Help...thx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to troubleshoot what "might" be a database or corrupt interface? Help...thx

I'm running the latest beta zwave and current HS4. Windows 10. I had been fairly stable for quite a while. I tried adding a new gen 700 Schlege lock and had lots of issues getting it to add at all. It seems to have caused all kinds of issues. I have now backed down to a config from 3 days ago saved as a backup before I added the lock. It seems to respond again after a reboot, but within 30 minutes stops responding. I have node in my database now for sigma devices that I can't even delete. For instance, Alexa gets slow and slow in response to say turn off a light, and then finally after a while there is no response...same from the browsers.

ANY suggestion for figuring out which piece is broken would be greatly appreciated!!!

I expected backing down to an older config would fix this...which is one reason I suspect an interface issue?

I'm just getting started troubleshooting but think it's only 1 of my 4 interfaces. It seems like everything on my other three interfaces other than the one I added the lock to "may" be OK. Sadly, most of my newer device like HS 200 and 300 interfaces are on that interface.

I saw another post where someone had an issue with Schlage locks and the latest zwave plugin. They went back to the legacy zwave plugin and I think all is good now. Here's the post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...p-locks-solved

Comment

Kevb - thx. Thank was likely me. While I have not backed down from the beta...since a lot of zwave based events broke on the upgrade...I may still do that. It's what I going to do as a last resort. Since this really seem to be impacting devices so far on only the interface I added the lock to...I'm thinking it's database or interface corruption of some kind that backing up to an old install didn't fix. ...which make me wonder if the information on the interface itself is correct. Sadly, I don't really get how those ties into it. IE - I think there is data on the interface that doesn't go away when you restore a backup. THANKS!!! I'm a bit desperate

Comment

Even though the lock install seemed to be the issue...nothing changed when I backed down to a config previous to that add. A couple days before I had installed an ecolink siren that was added securely. Once I deleted it...I appear to be back to normal. At least that seems to be the case so far, it's run close to 12 hours without the system locking up. Before that ...maybe an hour.

Comment

Working...
        X