Best ZWave Smart Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ZWave Smart Plug

Looking for a zwave plug that works well with HS4. Also looking for one that is quiet. My current plug, X10, is quite loud.

And you might want to search the forums here (pro-tip: use a google site search), this question and similar ones come up all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      And you might want to search the forums here (pro-tip: use a google site search), this question and similar ones come up all the time.
      Search turns up 500 posts, of which most are triggered by the word plugin. Not useful. Never heard of Google site search.

Comment

Try this Google search:

Code:
        site:forums.homeseer.com z-wave power plug

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke View Post

Search turns up 500 posts, of which most are triggered by the word plugin. Not useful. Never heard of Google site search.
          I would literally go to google and search "homeseer best z-wave plug"

The forum's search engine is maybe ok at best.

Comment

Fibaro FGWPB-121

Going to try this as it solves two things. Replaces my bulky X10 Appliance module for control of my pet water fountain, supplies usb power for my HS zwave motion sensor. Kills two birds with one rock!

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean with those X-10 appliance modules... . I replaced them with Leviton modules a number of years ago which are very quiet. Perhaps the only thing quieter are the Ikea zigbee appliance modules.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Innr SP series Zigbee modules are very quiet as well. I use these as well as z-wave plugs to strengthen the mesh of the networks. I also use use a number of Sonoff S31 modules that have been re-flashed with Tasmota. They have built-in power reporting which is a plus.

Comment

Looking for a zwave plug that works well with HS4. Also looking for one that is quiet. My current plug, X10, is quite loud.
                  Take a look at the Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (Maybe they have a 7 now). This is an On/Off Plug-in module that also has an always ON USB port on the side to power your motion sensor.

Comment

Reporting back on the Fibaro FGWPB-121. Super easy addition to my zwave network. Deleted my old x10 appliance module, plugged in new zwave plug, added to network. Added to event. Back up and running in under 5 minutes. Love that it has usb power for my HS motion sensor power. Also like the lite that comes on when running. Works as a night lite. No issues with it adding all of the child info that shows power consumption. I would highly recommend this plug.

Comment

Reporting back on the Fibaro FGWPB-121. Super easy addition to my zwave network. Deleted my old x10 appliance module, plugged in new zwave plug, added to network. Added to event. Back up and running in under 5 minutes. Love that it has usb power for my HS motion sensor power. Also like the lite that comes on when running. Works as a night lite. No issues with it adding all of the child info that shows power consumption. I would highly recommend this plug.
                      Interesting, because it has some bad reviews on Amazon; specifically mentioning that, when used with Homeseer, it's power reporting feature doesn't work, doesn't properly report status, turns itself off, etc.

Comment

How loud/quiet of a click are you looking for?
                        I have a few of these:
                        https://smile.amazon.com/NEO-Z-Wave-...s%2C96&sr=8-14

They work great and only have a slight click - nothing like an X-10 module (I'm a former X-10 user)
                        Dan-O
                        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Interesting, because it has some bad reviews on Amazon; specifically mentioning that, when used with Homeseer, it's power reporting feature doesn't work, doesn't properly report status, turns itself off, etc.
                          Still working for me on HS4

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                            How loud/quiet of a click are you looking for?
                            I have a few of these:
                            https://smile.amazon.com/NEO-Z-Wave-...s%2C96&sr=8-14

They work great and only have a slight click - nothing like an X-10 module (I'm a former X-10 user)
                            This one is silent. Biggest feature for this application is built in usb power

Comment

This one is silent. Biggest feature for this application is built in usb power
                              If it is truly silent, it may not be using a relay for switching the load. In that case, be very careful as to what kind of load you put on the device. i.e. Don't put anything with a motor on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X