the genie wont speak anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the genie wont speak anymore

I had homeseer using the (ms agent?) genie to speak. However, it stopped speaking and whenever I would issue a voice command he would disappear. I tried playing around with TTS (enable text to speak check box) (with choices of v5 microsoft mary, mike, and sam) and (microsoft agent-- use microsoft agent character to speak)(character name--genie.asc, merlin.asc). But there is apparently a conflict of some sort because I keep getting the error message "Microsoft agent cannot be used with this voice, please disable the agent." I can get mary, mike or sam to speak-- but I would rather have good ole genie back both speaking and "typing" the words on the screen, as mary, mike, or sam only speak not type.

I cannot select msagent unless the enable text to speak is checked. But then the mary, mike or sam voices are there and I cannot deselect them.

It is like a flawed loop.

MsAgent is not compatable with the SAPI-5 voices. If you want the agent back, I believe you have to unistall SAPI-5 and go back to SAPI-4, though I am not sure how to do this.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

Working...
    X