Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble setting Zooz motion sensor sensitivity parameter using Z-Wave Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble setting Zooz motion sensor sensitivity parameter using Z-Wave Actions

I'm trying to change the sensitivity of my Zooz motion sensor. I created an event to do so. Upon running the event, I get the following error in the log:
    Z-Wave Error - Event Action Set Configuration Parameter failed in Event <the event name>
    Z-Wave Warning - A Z-Wave action in the event <the event name> returned an incomplete (failed) result

I am setting value correct parameter and value for this device (Zooz 4-in-1 sensor - 700 series. Parameter 6, value 1, size=1 byte)

I read somewhere I might need to re-run optimization. I did that. Same outcome.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next? Thanks. Appreciate the help.

Date/time=9/3/2022 5:47:02 PM CDT
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (Upg from HS3ZS2) Edition 4.2.12.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.10.0.104 (tarball Fri Jun 26 19:59:14 UTC 2020)

License=Registered
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 1 Hour 55 Minutes 8 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.1.146 (HTPiHubG1)
    Device Count=237
    Event Count=91
    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,LIFX:,SDJ-Health:,HS MyQ:,Tuya:
    Modules/Threads=84 Modules, 57 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=120 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Govee Plugin 4.0.0.0,HS MyQ 4.0.8.0,LIFX 4.0.7.0,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.4,Tuya 4.0.37.0,Z-Wave 3.0.2.4,Z-Wave GUI 0.3.0.0
    Disk Size=29.72GB

ChrisMiller Make sure you wake up the motion sensor first right before you run the event. Push button 3 times quickly, run event.

Also, if you run the event after waking it up, and it doesn't work, you might want to show the event to show how it is created.

Comment

Thank you cowinger. I will give that a try and report back.

Comment

cowinger Thank you for the suggestion. That seem to work (and make sense). I guess I should have read the device manual a bit closer. It clearly says to press the Z-Wave button to wake the device when updating settings. I did manually wake up the sensor and then ran the Homeseer event as you suggested. There were no errors this time in the log. So, I believe it applied the change. I'm not sure where if there's a way to see the current value some to know for sure. However, I'm going to assume it worked. If I find it didn't, I'll re-open this thread. For now, I'm going to consider this closed. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMiller View Post
          cowinger Thank you for the suggestion. That seem to work (and make sense). I guess I should have read the device manual a bit closer. It clearly says to press the Z-Wave button to wake the device when updating settings. I did manually wake up the sensor and then ran the Homeseer event as you suggested. There were no errors this time in the log. So, I believe it applied the change. I'm not sure where if there's a way to see the current value some to know for sure. However, I'm going to assume it worked. If I find it didn't, I'll re-open this thread. For now, I'm going to consider this closed. Thanks!
          Chris,
          To read the current value of a parameter in the device: on the "setting" page, set the parameter number your interested in, CLEAR the value field to "blank", wake the device, and click on "Set". When the device returns the value it will replace the blank field.

Comment

BobSpen Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing the option to set the parameter on the settings page (or a "set" instruction). I attached a screenshot of my device settings page. Is this something that only works on the Windows version (vs the RPi)? Is there another "settings" page I should be looking at? Thanks. Device Settings.pdf

Comment

ChrisMiller Here are a few pics to show you how.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pic1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	1564603Click image for larger version  Name:	pic2.png Views:	0 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	1564606Click image for larger version  Name:	pic3.png Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	1564604Click image for larger version  Name:	pic4.png Views:	0 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	1564605

The value of the parameter will show where the blank value is in pic number 4, as BobSpen explained. If you choose a different parameter you must clear that value as a blank and again wake up the device before hitting Save.

Comment

cowinger Thanks. I will give that a try and report back.

Comment

cowinger and @bobspen: Thank you both for your replies. I was able to verify that sensor parameter update was successful using the method you described. All is good. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X