multiple house code interfaces and receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple house code interfaces and receivers

This is probably an easy question but I have looked around and can't find the answer myself.

Currently I have a small x10 net with HS running it but have the problem of only being able to talk to one housecode from the computer, and listen to only one housecode from the RF receiver.

I have a RR501 and a CM17A right now.

I am sure someone has an all housecode version of the CM17A and an all housecode of the RR501.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks
    Frank

Hi Frank:

You need to get a CM11A to interface between the power line and Homeseer (via a serial port). There is also a USB version as well, not sure how much luck people are having with it though.

You may also want to get an MR26a to receive RF devices with Homeseer (again via a serial port). This avoids sending RF signals through the powerline and will receive all housecodes as well.

If you have the money you may want to invest in the W800RF32 instead of the MR26a (better reception range). I found an external antenna on the MR26a yields excellent results.

BTW, welcome to the boards.

Regards,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Thank you very much for the info - that is exactly what I am looking for.

Frank

Comment

Wait a moment - I mis-spoke - I have a CM11A connecting the computer to the powerline and can only control one housecode with it.

So in addition to the RF all housecode I am needing a computer interface all housecode.

Thanks

Frank

Comment

Look at "VIEW", "OPTIONS", "INTERFACES" and make sure the CM11a is selected under your X-10 interface device. The CM11a does do all housecodes.

Also, make sure the batteries are removed from the CM11a. There is a procedure to clear it also. I think you have to plug the RR501 into the CM11a and toggle the onboard appliance module with a remote a few times. NOT SURE about that though.

Comment

Hey Sir

I wanted to thank you again - your info was great.

I ordered a W800RF32 and after moving into a new house just got it and the plugin for it installed today - great product - it covers my whole property, even being mounted on a corner of the property inside a closet with several other transmitters in there.

Thanks again for all the info!

Frank

Comment

Glad you got everything working and again, welcome to the HS Boards!

Comment

Another option

The WGL unit will give you MUCH better range. I also have an amplified antenna mounted in the attic and get good reception all over my 4 acre property.

Comment

Working...
                X