thermostat cooling set point script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermostat cooling set point script

hello, wasnt sure exactly where to put this so figured general was best. I have a command set to run on demand, &hs.setdevicevaluebyref(796, (hs.devicevalueex(796) + 1), True) it works perfect BUT it wont push the change to the thermostat. I tried a few ways to do this but none worked. Its like it wont hit submit. if I go to the cooling set point its updated but the actual thermostat wont update. If I hit the submit button, it works. is there a way to simulate hitting the submit button? I forceable poll the device every 2 minutes but that doesnt seem to update it either. (im turning that off soon). any ideas on how to get it to "submit" to the thermostat? thanks!

Setting the device's value just does that - it sets the value. To control the device, you'll need to search the forums on how to use CAPI commands to actually control the device.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Someone asked how to create weekly TStat schedules and I shared how I did it via HSTouch.

It may be overkill for what you're doing, but there's a bunch of information in this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ekly-schedules

Comment

thanks for the info. unfortunately I wasnt able to parse out what I was looking for. I dont know the VB language very well and I think I saw what you were doing in your script but I couldnt get the write syntax for the update. my command, &hs.setdevicevaluebyref(796, (hs.devicevalueex(796) + 1), True) works perfect it just wont push out the change. I know what CAPI commands are but ive never used them. doing some quick searches, im not sure thats in my expertise to do. im assuming no one is aware of a command to just simply set the cooling set point in one line? I know this can be done in hstouch easy, but im not using it. I have an event that runs the above command. its just frustrating cause I know its like 1 more command I need and I dont want to write a long script to do something so simple. thanks for the help!

Comment

The easiest way if if the deivce has a controluse property set to cooling setpoint or something unique. You can look at the status graphics tab to see what yours has setup. Example below for a light

Click image for larger version

Name:	0x.png
Views:	126
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1565962 From the HS Help file the following is shown that I updated to reflect your specific request

Code:
          Dim objCAPIControl As CAPIControl
          Dim dvRef as Integer = 796
          objCAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(dvRef,ePairControlUse._CoolSetPoint)
          If objCAPIControl IsNot Nothing Then
            objCAPIControl.ControlValue = hs.devicevalueex(796) + 1
            hs.CAPIControlHandler(objCAPIControl)
          End If
          I think it can be put into a one-liner as
          Code:
          hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(dvRef,ePairControlUse._CoolSetPoint).ControlValue=(hs.devicevalueex(796) + 1))
          This is all untested syntax, but should get in into the neighborhood you desire. If controluse is not setup then you need to identify the CAPI control by using CAPIGetSingleControl or via enumeration with CAPIGetControl or CAPIGetControlEx

Comment

thank you all for the posts. I dug around and found the exact command I was looking for. this has some great info on it for anyone else interested. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...g-right-for-me

Comment

Working...
            X