Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jasco GE Enbrighten Motion Switch - Need Motion Status Parameters - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jasco GE Enbrighten Motion Switch - Need Motion Status Parameters - Solved!

After including a (Jasco) GE Enbrighten Smart Motion Switch, I get a root device with 2 features created. One is the switch which works correctly and the other is "Notification" which I am assuming is the motion sensor but it doesn't appear to be created correctly. I have excluded / included a couple of times and re-scanned but no luck. The log looks normal EXCEPT for this error during creation

9/14/2022 6:43:24 PM
    Legacy-Plugin
    Z-Wave Warning
    Node 5 did not respond to the Notification Supported request.

And this error when moving in front of the sensor.

9/14/2022 6:54:12 PM
    Legacy-Plugin
    Z-Wave Error
    Notification Report from node 5 for type Home Security received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=7)

I've uploaded my pictures of the device page and the feature page. Does anyone have one that was created successfully and can provide the correct Status/Graphics parameters

Thanks
    Jeff
    Attached Files

Since this is a fairly new device on the market, you should open a ticket with HS Support. More than likely, they need to modify the Z-wave plugin to properly support all the features of the device.

Comment

FWIW, I have 2 of these switches and they included properly:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Enbrighten Motion Sensor.png
Views:	249
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1566351
      They both work as expected with no errors in the log.

I see you tried more than once, but maybe try one more time non-secure just to see if the errors go away.

Comment

I have 2 of these switches and one included correctly and the other has the same issue as you report. Both have the same product id and same firmware version.
        Manufacturer:
        Jasco Products
        Type:
        0x494D
        ID:
        0x3032
        Listens:
        Yes
        Version: 4.54 (Unknown) Firmware: 5.39 Hardware: 255
        For the bad switch I receive the same error message you get and my status/graphics are the same as your screenshot above.

For the good switch I receive no error messages (works great) and my status/graphics page is below. I changed the bad switch status/graphics to match the one below and still get the same error. I haven't opened a ticket yet or had much chance to investigate further but plan to soon.

Name:	jasco1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1566393
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Since this is a fairly new device on the market, you should open a ticket with HS Support. More than likely, they need to modify the Z-wave plugin to properly support all the features of the device.
          Yes, I have a Ticket Open and will report back here any updates.
          They asked me to move the hometroller Pi closer and try again. I pulled it out of my closet and placed it next to the switch - no better. More to come.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post
            FWIW, I have 2 of these switches and they included properly:

Name:	Enbrighten Motion Sensor.png
Views:	249
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1566351
            They both work as expected with no errors in the log.

I see you tried more than once, but maybe try one more time non-secure just to see if the errors go away.
            What version of the Z-Wave plugin are/were you using when adding this device?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm using Zwave 3.0.10.0 on HS 4.2.14.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are/were you using when adding this device?
                I was using 3.0.10.0 at the time.

Updated to 4.0.3.0 later, but it caused a bunch of issues, so I rolled back.

Comment

I ended up having to re-image my system due to a static IP problem. After the image, I updated HS and the Z-Wave plugin to the most recent versions. I couldn't do a restore, so I recreated the HS devices using the Z-wave interface function. To my surprise, it re-created correctly. Some of the other devices did not re-create properly but I can fix them. It's a new home so there are not a lot of items set up yet.

FYI - system is still being rebuilt but here is the current data.

Date/time=9/16/2022 7:31:06 PM EDT
                  Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G3 Edition 4.2.16.0 (Linux)
                  MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:40:01 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
                  Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                  Uptime=0 Days 1 Hour 22 Minutes 22 Seconds
                  Lan IP=127.0.0.1 (HTPiHubG3v2)
                  Device Count=15
                  Event Count=0
                  Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:
                  Modules/Threads=87 Modules, 48 Threads
                  Available Threads=399
                  HomeSeer Memory Used=98 Mbytes
                  Plugins Installed=Big6 3.44.0.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,EnvisaLinkAdemco 3.0.0.31,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,mcsMQTT 5.26.5.4,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0
                  Disk Size=28.33GB

Comment

UPDATE - I continued to have errors with the GE Enbrighten Smart Motion Switch and then I tried to add a new GE Enbrighten Smart Motion Dimmer and it wouldn't add without errors. With a secure addition, it had errors and wouldn't report movement. With insecure addition, it created 2 light features and wouldn't work correctly....

I then upgraded the zwave plugin from 3.0.10.0 to 4.0.3 and all is working correctly now. I rescanned the switch and it added a new feature to report movement. I added the dimmer and it added correctly.

Currently on HS4 4.2.16 and ZWave 4.0.3

Comment

Can confirm this requires z-wave plugin 4.0 or above.

Comment

Working...
                      X