Zwave Plus Wireless Audio Detector for existing Smoke/CO sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Plus Wireless Audio Detector for existing Smoke/CO sensors

Greetings, has anyone tried this device and if so did it function as described? I am wanting to bring my existing first alert voice, smoke, carbon monoxide wireless interconnect system over to homeseer hs4. This seems like a good solution. Any thoughts or ideas to better receive alerts, text messages and notifications?

I have one. Works fine. It is about 6 inches from my smoke detector near my Z-net.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

What type of smoke detectors do you have? Are they zwave wired or wireless, and are any of them interconnected?

Comment

Here's what I do...
        I have Zwave AND Alarm System alerts, in addition to the built-in wired smoke alarms (which I replaced with dual-mode sensing: Photo & Ion)

-- One Zwave Smoke Detector per floor (or more): bedroom in-between bedrooms, locations where smoke can travel up to the next floor (stairways, open look-overs, etc), Kitchen, and Basement. Even if you have it as a 2nd unit in the same room(s) its FAR more reliable, and pretty much the same cost (even a few $ is better vs burning down your items or risking lives)

-- Wired in a dry contact** using a Honeywell door/window wireless sensor (only some have dry contacts) into to my Honeywell/Ademco alarm system.
        **you can do this same thing using Zwave with a purchasable kit (https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/a...oke-alarm-kit/) or make your own kit, super simple.

Comment

Got it. Thanks a million, but what do you do for gas/propane that is if your house operates off this?

Comment

Working...
          X