IR switcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR switcher

I need to have homeseer switch an input on a ViewHD device. I used to use a harmony hub for that, but for some reason they don't work anymore. they can't be seen on my network all the sudden. The devices are pingable, but the harmony app won't see them.

Anyway, is there a simple IR blaster that works with homeseer to switch them?

Broadlink RM mini (or pro) will provide this control via mcsMQTT plugin. Last time I looked the RM mini was in the $25 range at Amazon Amazon.com: BroadLink RM4 Mini IR Universal Remote Control, Smart Home Automation Wi-Fi Infrared Blaster for TV Air Conditioner STB Audio, Works with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT : Tools & Home Improvement and lower prices are usually available.

The Broadlink firmware is expecting to communicate with a China cloud, but you can configure it to work on the local network. Once it is on the local network then the IOS/Android App will no longer see it, so it is either smartphone or HS, but not both.

http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf Section 11.5 contains more info.

Comment

+1 for the Broadlink RM Pro and mcsMQTT plugin, I'm using it control everything from a split A/C to LED candles.

Comment

Working...
      X