Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misraels
    replied
    Press the config button 8 times. That’s the top right button. The led will blink red 3 Tim’s to confirm.

repeat to uno it.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    They are terrible regular dimmers, dimming is irregular and non-linear. With a regular incandescent load, dimming didn't start until around 20% of the range. Stair-stepping when continuously dimming up or down. The dimmer level diffuser bar is useless since one can't easily tell the level when looking at it from an angle.

I instead tried a Zooz ZEN77 and it operates like a champ. Dimming is linear and smooth from 1% to 100%, with any kind of load (incandescent or LED). Supports SBM and a bunch of other options for smart bulb operations. Though it lacks an LED dim level bar, it still has a color programable status LED. I've tested a bunch of dimmers (Homeseer, Inovelli, and Zooz) on my test bench with different kinds of loads, and hands-down the best dimmer with SBM features is Zooz. And they also cost the least.

Leave a comment:

• skhs
    replied
    Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    I have a Red Series dimmer in storage (I will be selling it since it's a terrible dimmer to be blunt), but I was using it in SBM mode and there's nothing special about using it with HS since the dimmer is basically a scene controller, like any other Z-wave dimmer/scene-controller. By setting the SBM parameter bit you're basically telling the dimmer to keep constant power on the load. At that point you have to figure out how you want to dim up and down via the scene controller. Different people do it in different ways, you can do it via events (which limits you to one-second intervals) or for more granularity on the dim up/down speed, via custom scripting to detect when the paddle is held and released.

This thread might give you some seed ideas:
    Script to continuous dim a light from an event - HomeSeer Message Board
    Thanks - I'll play around and see if I can switch the parameter. Out of curiosity, what didn't' you like about the inovellis? I've used them in the past (as regular zwave switches, not in SBM mode) and found them to be nice.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    I have a Red Series dimmer in storage (I will be selling it since it's a terrible dimmer to be blunt), but I was using it in SBM mode and there's nothing special about using it with HS since the dimmer is basically a scene controller, like any other Z-wave dimmer/scene-controller. By setting the SBM parameter bit you're basically telling the dimmer to keep constant power on the load. At that point you have to figure out how you want to dim up and down via the scene controller. Different people do it in different ways, you can do it via events (which limits you to one-second intervals) or for more granularity on the dim up/down speed, via custom scripting to detect when the paddle is held and released.

This thread might give you some seed ideas:
    Script to continuous dim a light from an event - HomeSeer Message Board

Leave a comment:

• skhs
    replied
    Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    Have you looked at the Inovelli documentation which states which Z-wave parameter to set for SBM? This seems more like an Inovelli question unless you're asking how to use Homeseer to set Z-wave device parameters.
    Inovelli has instructions on how to do it with SmarterThings. I've seen some others talk about how to do it in their hubs too. However, it seems to be a bit more complicated than flipping a parameter. I have asked on their forums for further clarification, but figured if someone has already done this and made it work with Homeseer, it didn't hurt to ask here too.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Have you looked at the Inovelli documentation which states which Z-wave parameter to set for SBM? This seems more like an Inovelli question unless you're asking how to use Homeseer to set Z-wave device parameters.

Leave a comment:

• skhs
    started a topic Inovelli Switch in Smart Bulb Mode

Inovelli Switch in Smart Bulb Mode

Does anyone know how to put an inovelli red series dimmer switch in to smart bulb mode with homeseer? I have 4 philips hue bulbs I control with the philips hub. I want the switch to be used as a scene controller, which is possible with it's smart bulb mode, but I'm not exactly sure how to configure the switch as such.
Working...
X