Web server Question for Homseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web server Question for Homseer

What web server does Homeseer use? Can I publish a visual studio MVC web application and make it work with Homeseer? Or if I use the built in webserver, do I just need to use asp pages and html?
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

From my experience and analysis, HS uses its own webserver to provide the HTTP interface. That means in theory one could also run another web application server like MS IIS on the same box, but you'd have to ensure IIS and HS are binding to different port numbers so there are no conflicts.

As an example of this, I run both HS4 and deconz/Phoscon on the same Win7 server, both provide a web interface, but they are each running on different HTTP ports.

Comment

jon00 has a lot of experience in this area so he might be able to provide guidance.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks guys.
        A computer's attention span is as long
        as it's powercord.

Comment

I use the IIS server built into Win10 to server my local web pages - they connect to HS4 to gain access to the hs and hs4 objects. Allow you to build your pages in MS VS and deploy them to the IIS server, and have full access to HS3/4
          tenholde

Comment

It's an internal web server that HomeSeer uses with a private connection to the myHS server for remote connecting.
            The UI is defaulted to port 80 as that is the standard for browsers but you can set it to a different port if you want on the settings page.

As long as you don't try to use a port that's already taken, you can set up as many web services as you like alongside HomeSeer.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
            X