Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling HomeSeer in 2 homes on my mobile device

Hello,

We have a second home that I want to set up a second HomeSeer controller at. My question is how does the mobile app handle this? There is no evidence on the app itself that it can control multiple separate controllers.

Thanks,
    Bryan

I found my answer. Looks like I have to pay for HS Premium if I want more than 1 system.

https://homeseer.com/myhs-premium/

Comment

The way I handle this is I have a VPN between two homes and I simply have a second Z-Net in the second home. It is dependent upon the internet being up and reliable at both places...
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by bryan View Post
        I found my answer. Looks like I have to pay for HS Premium if I want more than 1 system.

https://homeseer.com/myhs-premium/
        If you have a second email address to use, you can set up a second myHS account and switch between them.
        If you want it all under one account to manage the systems and users easier, a subscription takes care of that. ($25 for the year.)
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Just use VNC. I manage 3 systems and just put VNC on them then run the VNC viewer from pc, iPad, iPhone etc. I just log into the HS system via the viewer and have full control of not only HS but whatever is on that system.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. Didnt think about a permanent VPN. Also, at the end of the day $25 a year isnt a big deal.

Comment

Working...
            X