Third Reality remote smart button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reality remote smart button

I just got a Third Reality remote smart button and need some help to set it up.
    it shows up in HS and I want to create an event that when the button is pushed it turns off or on a plug module.
    There is only one button so I think it needs to act as a toggle.... not sure.
    This would be simple if I knew what to do.........

If you have EasyTrigger, use the "toggle" action for the module each time the button is pressed.

If you don't have EasyTrigger, you'd create two events.

The first event would be IF button is pressed AND IF module is not Off THEN Turn it Off.
    The second event would be IF button is pressed AND IF module is Off THEN Turn it On.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      This is the 1st remote button I am trying to set up.
      After installing I only see the attached image showing the battery level. Is there another one for button control?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-10-02_06-04-40.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1568943

Comment

Try going to list view by clicking on the button with the little squares in the upper right next to the "+" button. This should show you all of the features of the device. TBH, I don't use the HS Zigbee plugin. I use the Jowihue plugin for both Zigbee and Phllips Hue, so we may have to stumble through this together.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I don't see the little squares in the upper right.

Comment

This is what I am trying..

Name:	2022-10-02_12-48-14.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1569006
            Attached Files

Comment

It's very unlikely that battery level is the feature that indicates a button press.

See picture below for "Show List" button:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 1.08.58 PM.png
Views:	150
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1569009

Comment

The list view shows nothing new..... humm

Name:	2022-10-02_13-34-15.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1569012

Comment

To me that implies the plugin didn't add the device fully or it isn't fully supported by the plugin. Again, I don't use the HS Zigbee plugin so I'm not going to be much help with that part. I did order one of those remotes from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes with the Jowihue plugin.

Comment

I've downloaded the Jowihue plugin to see if it will work.
                    Let me know if you get it working.
                    Thanks!

Comment

As far as I know, the Jowihue plugin doesn't work with the Nortek stick, You'll need a Conbee II USB stick or a Raspberry Pi with a Raspbee II board and also a instance of deConz to serve as a gateway. Let me do some testing tonight to see if the remote even works with deConz.

Comment

Thanks... looking forward to your testing results

Comment

Unfortunately, the results of my initial testing do not look promising. While Deconz sees the node, it doesn't recognize the device and therefore doesn't make it available over the REST API, which is what Wim uses for his plugin. In looking at the Deconz compatibility list, I don't see any Third Reality devices listed. There's a request process to go through to get support in Deconz. Google "deconz compatibility" for more info.

EDIT: As an alternative to this remote, take a look at the Aqara Wireless Mini Switch. I have several of these and they work great with Deconz and the Jowihue plugin.

https://www.aqara.com/us/wireless_mini_switch.html

Comment

Thanks for info
                            I looked at the Aqara switch, which says it requires their AQARA HUB.
                            I hope to find a remote button that works with my existing setup.

Comment

I think that's just a note that it doesn't work without a Zigbee hub of some kind, the same way Z-Wave devices note that. Of course, they are going to see you have to have "our hub".

I don't know about the HS Zigbee plugin, but the Aqara devices work fine with Deconz and the Jowihue plugin.

EDIT: Asked about the HS plugin here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ra-mini-switch

Comment

Working...
                              X