Is Qolsys integration possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Qolsys integration possible

I'm very invested in HomeSeer with regard to my home automation system, but my old HAI security system is aging and will need to be replaced soon. My security provider markets the Qolsys IQ4 system, which is a controller in its own right. I don't want to switch controllers to Qolsys because I get the sense that HS4 is much more powerful. But I would need the Qolsys system to "tell" HS4 when the security status changes -- something that is easily done with the HAI system and a plug-in. I've found nothing to suggest that there is any way to accomplish this interface, not even by going through IFFT, which apparently doesn't support Qolsys. Anybody have any success interfacing HS4 with Qolsys? What trick did you use? Thanks.

With both the Qolsys and HS4 being fluent in Z-Wave, could you set a device to change in a Qolsys scene when the security status changes? HS4 would then see the Z-Wave device status update, and act accordingly via events, etc.

Comment

Interesting idea. I could use a multi-state device like a dimmer switch as the go-between. That way I could use different dimming levels to represent different security states (at home, away, night, etc.) The unknown is if I can change or even know the Z-wave network ID that the Qolsys uses. If it is fixed and can't be changed, I could set up a second controller on the HS. But I'd need to know the ID. Definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

Comment

Any luck with this? I've been looking at Qolsys, amongst other systems and would love if some of these newer systems (Qolsys, Honeywell, 2GIG, Abode) could integrate to homeseer. I know DSC powerseries works well but I feel like the system looks a little on the older side.

Comment

Working...
        X